We stayed in an ocean view townhouse suite during a weekend trip to Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur in April 2013. The property is perched high above highway one with amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. We were able to watch the sunset from the balcony in our living toom - picture perfect.
The property is on the small size with limited activites. There is a pool with jacuzzi and a trail to go hiking. They provide rental bicycles but the idea seemed a bit dangerous since highway one is a curvy two lane highway without a bicycle lane. Carmel and Monterey are a short drive away so this property is an escape from the touristy sites such as Cannery Row and the wharf. The property is also right off of highway one and north of Big Sur. The drive south on highway one is BEAUTIFUL and one of the prettiest in the US.
The suite was large, spacious, with a full kitchen, two bathrooms (one with a hot tub), and a wood burning fireplace. The resort and the suite had a cabin/out doorsy feel to it - almost like we were camping. The room could use a facelift.
As diamond members, we received complimentary breakfast at California Market. We also had dinner at Pacific Edge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt