SO outdated! Feels dirty, the furniture (including in the lobby) is falling apart. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary and all we wanted was a relaxing experience. The walls are super thin and every morning when the loud couple below us decided to get up (6:30 am) to smoke and and cough was when we had to get up. There are these sliding doors that separate the rooms and they are really loud. Check in was SO awkward for us too... we arrived 3 hours early and were told it would take an hour to get the room ready. Came back from the town of Carmel after lunch and were told another hour. No one was friendly, didn't offer us a drink, nothing! At 4, which is their check in time, nobody came to get us. We were just sitting in the lobby waiting. It was like we were a nuisance. So over all, will never stay here again. This is NOT a luxury property. The only saving grace are the property restaurants and the view of course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt