We actually had our wedding here, but while the venue was beautiful, convenient, and wonderful overall.. some minuses detracted from it. The staff were disappointing. We got surly bellboys and porters and manager types who just seemed to plaster a smile on their face and do next to nothing else. The price is semi-ridiculous for what you get. $400ish+ per night for a room with no central air (open the window for the ocean air they say) that hasn't been renovated since the early 90s at best. The main building is the best, most breathtaking, most classy part of the place, the rest is just pretty good. The fireplaces in the rooms were nice, but I needed more wood after about 30 minutes! I would come back here for a nice dinner maybe, but not to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt