I was there in early February 2013 for two nights for work (Sun and Mon nights). I have stayed here once before in 2006. The rooms could use a facelift. It was in much better condition in 2006. For this price point, the rooms should be better. Some reviewers commented that things seem to be down hill since this property is trying to convert to Hyatt timeshares.
Both times I stayed in a two-level one-bedroom suite. The size of the room and the views are excellent. Upstairs kitchen and living/dining area are fine. The bedroom showed wear and tear - furniture corners showed bumps and bruises (probably from people hitting it with their suitcases). My nightstand had water damage (bubbled up wood on the top). Carpet is worn. The closet was awkward because it was located under the stairs (an average-height man would have a hard time using it because it's somewhat a walk-in closet). The shelving was just boards that were like a DIY home project. Again, totally functional but not something I would expect at this price point.
Bathroom was very clean and updated. Jetted tub, separate shower, toilet in its own room, single sink with plenty of counter space. Updated lighting. Comfy bathrobes. All very nice.
Service during our meeting was fine. Met our business needs. Food during the meeting was great. Ate in the restaurant for lunch. Wish we had a chance to dine in their nicer restaurant for dinner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey Pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant (dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). Rumors have been circulating that California Market is closed for renovation. These rumors are not true. We are open and enjoying the Fall weather and delicious seasonal menu items. In 2016, we will be going through several renovations at the hotel and will update guests once we have a firm schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Jetsetter and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt