We stayed here for 2 nights recently. After arriving late at night, there was a room mix up (due to Hyatt central reservations, not the hotel) and as a result we had no bed for our daughter. The staff bent over backwards to make sure we had a place for all of us to sleep, and ended up upgrading us the second night after the mix up. The property is absolutely immaculate, with fantastic sweeping views of the Pacific and beautiful landscaping. The rooms vary quite a bit so do inquire as to exactly what you are reserving. They have nice amenities as well, including warm robes, binoculars and a marine mammal guide for watching the sea lions, whales and other animals. We had great meals and service as well in the California Marketplace and the Sunset Lounge. Our waiter told us all about the whale migration as we watched blue whales off the coast while we sat outside at breakfast. Great way to start the day. We are already looking forward to our next visit All in all a wonderful place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Venere, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt