My husband and I spent a glorious week at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands resort. We were lucky enough to stay in a one bedroom in the timeshare portion of the resort. The rooms were located on a hill overlooking the beautiful Carmel Highlands coast. Our villa had a full kitchen, a very comfortable living room, king bedroom and a huge bathroom with a large jetted tub and a separate stall shower. The one bedroom could accommodate 2 couples privately, wooden sliding doors separated the bedroom from the living room which had a queen sofa bed. The fireplace in the living room was prepared daily by the housekeeping staff, all that was needed was to strike a match to enjoy a cozy fire. The bathrobes were a nice luxury provided for our use while at the resort to wear in the room or for the short walk to the hot tub.
The resort provided fire pits scattered through out the property for the guests to enjoy at their leisure. The heated pool was close to the main lobby, it was small but well maintained and it was surrounded by nice redwood lounge chairs.
We visited Point Lobos reserve which was nearby and was the highlight of our trip. The hiking trails and the views along California's coastline was spectacular.
We had a very nice breakfast at the California Market restaurant with very good service and amazing views. The Sunset bar was comfortable but the drinks where very expensive. We didn't try the Pacific's Edge restaurant after seeing people walk out because of the poor service and considering the choice of amazing restaurants in nearby Carmel by the Sea. I would love to return to Hyatt's Carmel Highlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt