Very pretty resort. Makes you feel like your in a mountain lodge. It doesn't feel like a hotel, but more like timeshare residences. The grounds are well kept. Surrounded by huge pine trees and flowers. The smell of wood burning is always nice from the fireplaces. For the hotel being managed by Park Hyatt before, rooms are very outdated. The staff and management are wonderful. The main restaurant has the most amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. Great food. We had a full kitchen in our room so that helped with the cost of food. Local markets are very close so you can buy food and wine and then relax by the wood burning fireplace. Very Romantic place. Make sure to use the Japanese Hot tubs. One of them is clothing optional so make sure which one it is. Make sure you go to Point Lobos Reserve down the road. Absolutely breathtaking scenery! Also, downtown Carmel is about 10 minutes away but you feel very secluded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 448 room luxury resort nestled in Monterey pines overlooking Point Lobos State Reserve. Oceanview rooms include wood burning fireplaces and private balconies and 11 suites also include in-room double spa baths, kitchenettes. Renowned Pacific's Edge Restaurant(dinner only) and California Market Restaurant (breakfast & lunch). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Carmel Highlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Carmel Highlands Hotel Carmel
- Highlands Hotel Hyatt Carmel
- Carmel Highland Inn
- Carmel Hyatt