“Worth Every Penny” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Modesto, CA
“Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Expensive, but if you don't mind paying for quality then it's worth every penny. Their restaurant, Aubergine, is 5 star quality just like the hotel....and friendly without being stuffy. I will return.

Room Tip: Upper floors have steep, narrow stairs you must climb. I found this added to the charm of the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Mr. JJeppson,

First thank you for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel and dining at Aubergine restaurant. On behalf of our Restaurant Manager and myself, we'd like to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return!

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, booked a last minute reservation. The manager and all the staff were friendly and extremely accommodating. We have never had better service. Whether it was early morning coffee, booking great restaurant reservations, parking our car, helping us plan our tours of the central coast, or driving us to dinner, any and all requests were pleasantly and efficiently accommodated. The hotel was charming and our room was comfortable. We have already recommended the property to several freinds, and we hope to return in the near future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Daniel K,

Thank you once again for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I am very glad that you had quite an experience here. Also thank you very much for your kind words and recommending our hotel to your friends.

We hope to see in Carmel soon.

San Ramon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a room for my girlfriends birthday. We were literally treated like royalty from the moment we walked through the doors until we checked out. The staff and custermer service surpasses any Resort I have stayed. I have stayed at some of the most well renowed Resorts Dana Pointe,
The Four Seasons, to the Miomo destination Resort in Sodona, AZ and many others in between. I was so happy that my friend was treated like a princess as well as my self. We stayed in the room wiith two Qween beds. The floors were warm and so were the staff, very classy and the courtyard is stunning as is all the landscaping. The room was beautiful clean and the staff never made me feel uncomfortable as I called for extras at different times of our stay (most people say I am a high maintenance client). I highly recommend this Resort and can't wait to return with my family real soon. Pam F.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Pam F,

Thank you very much for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was quite enjoyable. We strive ourselves to cater to an experience for each guest and I am glad that we were able to do this for you and your friend. I hope that when you are back in Carmel, we hope to once again serve you!

Carpinteria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellant hotel and great service, we were there for 3 nights te celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We could not have asked for anything more and the staff was as good as you could ask for. We would stay there again anytime that we would be in the area. I highly recommended the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear JackUSC,

Happy 50th anniversary again and we thank you for staying with us on such a special occasion! Thank you for your gracious comments about the property and when you are in Carmel again we certainly hope to welcome you back to L'Auberge Carmel.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was maybe the best hotel I've ever stayed at in the US. We like Relais & Chateaux properties because they are small, personalized and with amazing restaurants. This was not the exception.
The staff is very friendly and attentive and always willing to satisfy every guest's needs. The manager is an excellent professional who seem to be very much involved in every detail of this hotel.
The rooms are very comfortable and very well decorated. We stayed at a big family suite which had two very ample rooms and gave us a lot of privacy
Unfortunately we could only stay one night but we are already making plans to come back again to this incredible hotel in amazing Carmel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Titolusiardo,

Thank you very much for staying at L'Auberge Carmel! I hope that the next time you are in Carmel, we have the pleasure of having you more than the one short night! As you mentioned we strive to make sure that each guest is personally attended to and I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time here.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the hotel and wished it could have been longer. We were returning to the area for our 25th wedding anniversary so were looking for a special place to celebrate, and this fit the bill. We found the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable and the courtyard view gorgeous. We had dinner at the hotel and ordered the full tasting menu, which is well worth the splurge. Every course was unbelievable. We even got to take a quick peek at the kitchen afterward and met the chef. The service at the meal was superb. If we ever return to Carmel, this will definitely be where we stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ellie411,

I am quite thrilled that you and your husband were able to spend time with us at L'Auberge Carmel and dine in our restaurant. I thank you for the kind words here and we hope that when you are back in Carmel, that we can serve you once again.
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had never had the pleasure to stay (nor dine) at L'Auberge in Carmel before this month. I booked our stay with the concierge, and she tended to every detail. When I asked to add 2 friends to our dinner reservation, no problem, she was happy to do it. Additionally, she specifically asked if we were celebrating a special occasion (I would have never otherwise mentioned it was my birthday!) - and when I told her, she noted it. There was a nice bottle of wine in our room along with a card, and a special menu was printed with a happy birthday note to me on it for us at dinner. The staff went out of their way to tend to our every need. We have stayed at plenty of nice places, most we find awkward because the staff are snobby. L'Auberge and the restaurant both were staffed by wonderful people who took care of our every need. The full breakfast was delicious everyday. We can't say enough nice things about both the room (super comfortable beds and lots of charm with a big bathtub!), and the restaurant - delicious 8 course meal for dinner. It was delightful. We hope to be back next year to celebrate again! Thank you L'Auberge!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sabtram,

Thank you for staying with us on your special occasion! We hope to welcome you back for your next birthday and many more occasions to come.

Been to L'Auberge Carmel? Share your experiences!