“Best stay at a Resort Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
$299 Winter Mid-Week Rate
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
San Ramon
“Best stay at a Resort Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a room for my girlfriends birthday. We were literally treated like royalty from the moment we walked through the doors until we checked out. The staff and custermer service surpasses any Resort I have stayed. I have stayed at some of the most well renowed Resorts Dana Pointe,
The Four Seasons, to the Miomo destination Resort in Sodona, AZ and many others in between. I was so happy that my friend was treated like a princess as well as my self. We stayed in the room wiith two Qween beds. The floors were warm and so were the staff, very classy and the courtyard is stunning as is all the landscaping. The room was beautiful clean and the staff never made me feel uncomfortable as I called for extras at different times of our stay (most people say I am a high maintenance client). I highly recommend this Resort and can't wait to return with my family real soon. Pam F.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Pam F,

Thank you very much for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel! I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was quite enjoyable. We strive ourselves to cater to an experience for each guest and I am glad that we were able to do this for you and your friend. I hope that when you are back in Carmel, we hope to once again serve you!

Kind Regards,
George Nagata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Carpinteria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellant hotel and great service, we were there for 3 nights te celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We could not have asked for anything more and the staff was as good as you could ask for. We would stay there again anytime that we would be in the area. I highly recommended the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
auberge_carmel_ca, General Manager at L'Auberge Carmel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear JackUSC,

Happy 50th anniversary again and we thank you for staying with us on such a special occasion! Thank you for your gracious comments about the property and when you are in Carmel again we certainly hope to welcome you back to L'Auberge Carmel.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was maybe the best hotel I've ever stayed at in the US. We like Relais & Chateaux properties because they are small, personalized and with amazing restaurants. This was not the exception.
The staff is very friendly and attentive and always willing to satisfy every guest's needs. The manager is an excellent professional who seem to be very much involved in every detail of this hotel.
The rooms are very comfortable and very well decorated. We stayed at a big family suite which had two very ample rooms and gave us a lot of privacy
Unfortunately we could only stay one night but we are already making plans to come back again to this incredible hotel in amazing Carmel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Titolusiardo,

Thank you very much for staying at L'Auberge Carmel! I hope that the next time you are in Carmel, we have the pleasure of having you more than the one short night! As you mentioned we strive to make sure that each guest is personally attended to and I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time here.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the hotel and wished it could have been longer. We were returning to the area for our 25th wedding anniversary so were looking for a special place to celebrate, and this fit the bill. We found the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable and the courtyard view gorgeous. We had dinner at the hotel and ordered the full tasting menu, which is well worth the splurge. Every course was unbelievable. We even got to take a quick peek at the kitchen afterward and met the chef. The service at the meal was superb. If we ever return to Carmel, this will definitely be where we stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ellie411,

I am quite thrilled that you and your husband were able to spend time with us at L'Auberge Carmel and dine in our restaurant. I thank you for the kind words here and we hope that when you are back in Carmel, that we can serve you once again.
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had never had the pleasure to stay (nor dine) at L'Auberge in Carmel before this month. I booked our stay with the concierge, and she tended to every detail. When I asked to add 2 friends to our dinner reservation, no problem, she was happy to do it. Additionally, she specifically asked if we were celebrating a special occasion (I would have never otherwise mentioned it was my birthday!) - and when I told her, she noted it. There was a nice bottle of wine in our room along with a card, and a special menu was printed with a happy birthday note to me on it for us at dinner. The staff went out of their way to tend to our every need. We have stayed at plenty of nice places, most we find awkward because the staff are snobby. L'Auberge and the restaurant both were staffed by wonderful people who took care of our every need. The full breakfast was delicious everyday. We can't say enough nice things about both the room (super comfortable beds and lots of charm with a big bathtub!), and the restaurant - delicious 8 course meal for dinner. It was delightful. We hope to be back next year to celebrate again! Thank you L'Auberge!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sabtram,

Thank you for staying with us on your special occasion! We hope to welcome you back for your next birthday and many more occasions to come.
Spring, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were really expecting the quality of a Relais Chateau hotel and were disappointed. First off, please hire friendlier people..the young girl was quite snotty upon check in and check out. The dinning room was sparse and very unattractive. Who did their decorating?? It does not go with the character of the hotel. And the breakfast was not hot and bread was bland. And when you are spending over five hundred dollars per night I expect NOT to have a plastic toilet seat and a sink that is slow to drain. They had ugly plastic igloo coolers on the steps outside the rooms, too. The beds were very nice and the linen excellent. In the first room upon calling the staff for help, the television never worked. That was not that big of a deal. We just think that this hotel should not be awarded a Relais Chateau status because it falls way short of others we have stayed at. Check out The Post Hotel in Lake Louise...now that is a great Relais Chateau hotel! The paintings in the room were cheesy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear RobinAveryArtist,

First thank you very much for staying with us at L'Auberge Carmel and it is disappointing and embarrassing that your stay was not up to yours, Relais & Chateaux, and frankly our standards. We strive to make each guest enjoyable and clearly we did not provide the excellent service and excellent product that we are known for. I would love to speak to you in person regarding this matter and my phone line and office are always open to feedback. We hope to provide you with the quality experience you deserve and hope that we will see you again some time.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for the second time in early november. It was a very pleasant experience. The check in is quick and easy, bell staff friendly and valet parking most convenient in this parking challenged town. The rooms are clean and well equipped. They have bottled water available in the frig and welcome snacks. We love the heated bathroom floors. We loved the freshly baked cookies that are left nightly with turndown.
This hotel offers a peaceful retreat with excellent service. The included breakfast is delicious. They have newspapers from around the united states - an added plus. they also offered a boxed breakfast for my husband to take with him on the way to an early golf round.
Thanks for another wonderful stay. We'll be back next year!

Room Tip: All of the rooms look out to a pretty courtyard