“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lobos Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #8 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in 4 different places between Monterey and San Simeon and this was by far the best value for money. We rang in the morning and got the best price we had in 4 days. Location as others have said cannot be beat (walk everywhere in town and to the beach) and we didn't have any problems with noise even though the hotel told us when we were booking that there was someone in the room above us. Check-in/out was fine and staff were friendly. The room we had (33) was right off the parking lot at the back so at first we were a bit concerned but as soon as we went in couldn't believe the size of the room - king bed, small lounge area, large bathroom and outdoor balcony overlooking the well maintained garden. This was also the only place to include breakfast (continental - croissant, fruit cup and juice). There is also an evening turn-down service, with mini mint chocolate. No fee for parking. Free coffee, tea, cookies and fruit in the lobby. Free wifi. We were very happy and would stay again. It is a very pretty town with lots of art galleries and wine bars - and the beach is lovely and long enough for a good walk or jog - or swim in the ocean if you can brave the cold water!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting much since the price of this room was far below so many others in town, but was so pleased with my brief stay at the Lobos Lodge. As others have said, the location is perfect; right in the heart of town where shops and restaurants abound and only 4 blocks from the ocean, making everything accessible on foot. There was plenty of free parking.

The room itself is huge. I was travelling with my aunt and we had 2 comfortable double beds, a huge living room with fireplace, couch, tables, etc., and a very large, spotlessly clean bathroom and dressing area. I think this may have been a studio apartment complex at some point in time.

A simple but very fresh continental breakfast of croissants, fresh fruit and juice was delivered to the room at a time of our choosing. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our car stays in the parking lot .We walk to the finest restaurants, shopping and beaches within minutes. We love the local charm and it's unique establishments. The hotel has beautiful grounds, nicely decorated, clean and comfortable rooms with cozy fireplaces, patios or balcony, and a continental breakfast delivered to your room. Exceptionally friendly manager and staff make staying here at Lobos Lodge habit forming! We've been staying here many years. As a young married couple, as new parents, as grandparents and now as a happily retired couple. We keep returning because we're comfortable and feel at home. This is our perfect getaway! Over the years we've stayed in many different rooms, all of them charming. We would highly recommend staying at Lobos Lodge during your next visit to Carmel. I know that's where we're staying!

Room Tip: some upper rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We've been to Carmel many times, but this is the first time we've stayed at the Lobos Lodge. I think from now on this will be the inn of choice for us. Don't get me wrong, every place we've stayed in Carmel has been wonderful, but in terms of location Lobos Lodge is difficult to beat. It's close to the beach, and in the heart of town ( Ocean and Monte Verde ) , extremely convenient for a walk to view the sunset on the Pacific, and then a brief stop in the room to change/rest before heading out for dinner. The rooms are spacious , neat, and clean. There's even a small fireplace to beat the night time chills. You get a nice little no-frills breakfast of juice and pastries ( I must find out where they get the croissants and danishes) and even BBC-America on cable, and the staff are friendly and helpful ( but then everyone in Carmel is ). I would highly recommend Lobos Lodge for anyone heading out to Carmel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Lobos Lodge... Where do I begin? I have been staying here for years... Relaxing atmosphere, cute and clean remodeled rooms, continental breakfast delivered to your door, friendly and accommodating staff, short walk to beach and fabulous dining... I can go on and on. I have stayed in several different rooms at Lobos Lodge and have never been disappointed! Reasonable rates and great bang for your buck is a rarity in Carmel! Most notably, on one trip I lost my diamond earring. I frantically searched to no avail. I stopped by the front desk and informed the manager of my loss on my way out for lunch. She immediately took action and got another staff to assist. The manager and staff person got the trash bag from my room that the maid had just taken out. The manger not only found my diamond earring for me, she pulled it from the trash as I stood by. Best part was, she smiled and handed me my earring- she didn't make me feel even worse as I was already very embarrassed. I've never experienced such above and beyond customer service from a manager in ANY establishment. Thank you Lobos Lodge! Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed March 2013
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just returned from a week of touring throughout California, and this was our favorite of all the hotels we stayed in. The rooms were very spacious and sparkling clean. The L-shaped arrangement included a sitting area with a fireplace, a separate area for the bed, and a semi-private patio. The bathroom was large and spotless. We loved having a breakfast tray, complete with fresh flowers, delivered to our room to be enjoyed on our patio. The terraced gardens lining the walkway to the rooms were really lovely. We chose to pay a little extra for a room away from the front, as we were told it would be quieter. (I think there were three price options, and we chose the middle one.) The one thing we would do differently next time would be to request an upper story room. Our only complaint was that we could hear the guests in the room above us as they walked around in the room (in the middle of the night) and used the shower, etc. The location of the hotel was great, and the price was very reasonable. Carmel is a beautiful little town.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room so as not to be disturbed by guests in rooms above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just returned from our 6th annual trip here and we can't wait to go back! The ambiance is amazing and the staff is sooo hospitable, you just really can't find customer service like this anywhere else. Aside from the comfortable rooms, relaxing pool and perfect proximity for a stroll to the beach you are also walking distance from all the best shops and dining in Carmel. We love getting away here at least once a year and turning our friends and family into lifelong fans of this lovely hotel too. If you are looking for the best hotel experience for your dollar in Carmel THIS IS IT, now book your room and you can thank me later :).

Room Tip: We have stayed in several rooms over the years and like them all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Lobos Lodge? Share your experiences!