“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lobos Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lobos Lodge
You added Lobos Lodge to your Saves list
Monte Verde Street And Ocean Avenue, PO Box L-1, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I called in here on way to big sur , they had free wi fi and the amenities were great. The bed was comfortable and our room number 17 was a great room with a view of the ocean from the balcony. Registration was easy and he location to ocean street was great. The room included a basic continental breakfast. I think fresh milk for the coffee would e great but overall I recommend this to everyone

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here recently for two nights and were very pleased. We were first shown a smaller room (33) which was dark and not so nice, but cheaper. We opted for a more expensive room (no. 16) and were very glad with the change. The room was brighter, the bed was fine and it had a terrace that looked onto a side street, plus it had a living room area. The lodge is located right at the end of the main street and several blocks from the beach (downhill so use your car) unless you are in great shape.

Room Tip: Look at your room first. There is a significant difference between rooms in terms of space, privacy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is quaint and in a good location right off of Ocean, the main street in Carmel. You can walk to the shops, restaurants and to the beach. Our room was very small, my parents stayed in another room which was almost twice the size and the same rate. Overall comfortable stay, our fireplace was on when we arrived, the staff came to shut off the pilot light since we had our young daughter staying with us. This is not a luxury hotel, if we had been staying here on our own (instead of with a wedding party) we may have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although Carmel downtown is small enough that my guess is every hotel has a "great location", I truly did feel Lobos Lodge was just a stone's throw from everything we wanted to go see and do.

We brought our 3 and 1 year-old little boys while attending a wedding and I highly recommend the family suite as it was very spacious with large bedroom, separate bathroom sinks from toilet and shower (handy when multiple people are getting ready), good living space and a little kitchenette. I like how the rooms are staggered along different walkways and up and down one or two steps so it feels like each rooms is sort of private and with your own entrance. It's great that pastries and fruit are brought directly to the room for breakfast.

Suggestions: this hotel is big enough that it should have baby travel cribs available. We flew in from London and it was a bit of a hassle to have to first pick a Pack & Play up from a friend in San Francisco just to lug to Carmel. My family travels often and it is rare to find a hotel with no cribs available. especially this one as it is good for families. Also, if offering a kitchenette, I think at least a little dish detergent, a sponge and maybe a roll of paper towels would be a nice gesture. What are the chances that weary travelers with kids flying in are going to want to run and buy large quantities of that stuff for just a couple days?!

Also, if you request a room along the main road, you can just park there and it's easy in and out of your room with kids.

I would not recommend the hair salon in the hotel. They may not be affiliated, but I am just mentioning that.

Room Tip: I think our suite was 71 and we liked it. Right along a road so easy with loading and unloading.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
West Midlands, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our second stay at Lobos Lodge and we asked for the same room as we liked it so much last time. It was room 44 on the top level. There are only 5 rooms at this level and I find it the quietest option. When entering our room it was like an oven and the heat coming from the fireplace could not be changed. We had to leave the windows and doors open to cool the room down. Aside from that the only other issue we had was that the wifi speed is so slow. My husband commented that it was like dial up! So if you need Internet access or need to work I would say choose a different hotel. Apart from those 2 minor issues we still loved the hotel due to the fact that the room was so spacious and quiet and that the location of the hotel cannot be beat if you wish to walk to all the shops and restaurants of central Carmel on an evening. The free breakfast is only really a light snack consisting of some kind of pastry juice and a tiny bowl of fruit but that was sufficient for us. When we visit Carmel again we are likely to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I Planned on a One night Stay in Carmel as we went up the Coast on Vacation. I knew the Policy of the Lobos Lodge, You Must Cancel or Change your plans 72 Hours in Advance. Sometime life does Not Work as planned. As I was heading to Carmel on Friday August 24th, I got the Phone Call, I had to head back home to Orange County and take care of a Family Emergency. Once Home I called the Lobos Lodge at Noon and Explained the Situation, Though Polite, The man I spoke to had "Little Compassion" for me, Instead he said Policy is Policy. Then I asked could we move my Stay to Sunday Night. Once again that was not the "Policy" and I was told "No." It struck me on How Short Sighted the Management at the Lobos lodge runs their business, If they had an employee who could make a decision on the Spot and would put the Customer No. 1, I would have been going back to the Lobos Lodge next time I was in the area. Instead they chose to squeeze me for a $180 Dollars Now. If they would have Worked with me, I would have felt really good about going back there for Years to come and that would have translated to Hundreds and Hundreds of Dollars over the Next 20 plus years. I guess they Don't need my Business.

So Instead I ended up paying for a Room I didn't Use and They in return will never get another Dime from me. There are plenty of Wonderful Hotels in that Area I will be trying them the Next time I'm in the Bay Area. By the Way, I did end up in Monterey and had a Awesome time, Everyone at the Hotel I stayed at had Common sense and really appreciated my Business. In fact I will Stay there again!

Not a Fan of the Lobos Lodge Management Team

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Booked on the basis of great reviews on here. Maybe we got unlucky but the toilet was blocked, the fire was heating the room and we could not turn it off (on a hot day in August), and the electric fan didn't work.
Carmel is a bit like the set of Stepford Wives.
The hotel is in a good location in the town, close to the beach and we had a nice little balcony.

The guy on reception in the morning was very friendly.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple