“A perfect and tranquil escape!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A perfect and tranquil escape!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay at the Tickle Pink Inn for a little getaway after a grueling past 5 months. After our hectic schedules (medical school for him,working overtime for me), this was the perfect place to spend a few days relaxing, unwinding, and just enjoying each other. We got engaged at this hotel 14 months before, and truly appreciated its understated luxury and its private tranquility. The staff was very friendly, helping us to make reservations for dinner and giving us a map of Ocean Avenue, pointing out certain stores where we could find some particular items. Other than when we wanted to ask a question, we saw them only a little. I particularly like this in a hotel, since I prefer to feel like I am in a private residence without staff being underfoot. We stayed in room 23, which I would highly recommend! A suite with a separate living room that had a full, sweeping view of the ocean, breathtaking both during the day at at sunset. And the bathroom is gorgeous, all glass and marble, I am trying to convince my husband to replicate it in our home. The private entrance is an added bonus, because there is never anyone walking by your room! The beds were a dream, with those new sumptuous sheets and duvets that they have. We looked forward to breakfast every morning, sitting outside with our studel and muffins (cranberry walnut....my favorite!) and looking out at the ocean. This is the type of hotel where you can truly embrace doing everything at your leisure. In all, the Tickle Pink trip gave us a much-needed break away from it all to connect and be together in one of the most romanic settings in the country.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

My husband and I have been staying here once or twice a year, for 5 years now, to visit family. We've watched the service and the quality of the rooms go slowly downhill, but the view is so beautiful that we forgave A LOT. This trip, the weather was so bad that we had no view, spent more time in the room, and the reality of how terrible this hotel has become was suddenly glaringly apparent. When we checked in, the staff was checking in another couple, so we sat down to wait for our turn, happy for a respite from the cold and rain. A staff member marched up to us as if we were homeless people looking for a handout and barked, "Can I help YOU TWO?!" When we said we were checking in, her tone changed A LITTLE, but she was not welcoming or helpful at all. The next morning, we came out to find our front windshield was shattered. The staff was avoiding us, not wanting to help us find a windshield replacement service, as if they were afraid we would sue them, which was the farthest thing in our minds. We did not feel cared for or attended to. The rooms are getting shabby, the bed is stiff, the pillows are flat, the rug looks dirty. Housekeeping and Maintenance were knocking on our door at all hours, even with our do not disturb sign on, like we were in a cheap motel. There is no room service, but the Hyatt next door will deliver theirs. When we ordered, the Hyatt staff were so nice and helpful in comparison with our staff, that I almost got teary. And we weren't even guests of the Hyatt! For $379 a night, we expect better service, better beds. We're going to read all the Tripadvisor reviews and find another hotel for our next visit. We definitely won't be coming back to the Tickle Pink.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Kurtoff, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
We were surprised and dismayed when we read this review. While we cannot always control the weather, we do always strive to warmly welcome all of our guests, especially during cold winter rains. Many of our valued guests return often and we make every effort to welcome them with a warm greeting and gracious service.

It is also our policy to respond to, and address accordingly, any property and/or car damage that may have incurred as a result of a fallen tree branch or, in this case, perhaps a pine cone. It is unfortunate that the manager on duty was not available at the time of the incident as the problem would have been rectified immediately. We have since contacted this guest to arrange for covering the repair.

We were especially disheartened regarding the comments about the quality of their room. Many guests frequently ask about details and sourcing of our bedding and linens for their bedrooms at home. We are also constantly endeavoring to upgrade our services, amenities, and property, much of which has been accomplished over the last three years.

It is our hope that this guest will return for a future stay so that we can better attempt to share our gracious hospitality and scenic property with them once again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My hubby and I have stayed at a few B&B's throughout Northern California, including Napa and Mendocino. This was our first stay in Carmel, and we concluded that the Tickel Pink Inn tops our list for best (semi) B&B yet. We stayed in room 25, which has more than a partial ocean view. The view of the ocean is so incredibly beautiful, I felt like I was back in Costa Rica. We also had our own private deck to sip coffee at and eat our breakfast. The room itself is spacious and incredibly comfortable. It's nice to have a couch to sit at, and a bed to sleep on. My husband said the sheets felt "like butter" because they were so soft (500 thread count). We even used the chimney for a cozy fire while we watched one of the many movies available for check out. The jacuzzi tub was also big enough for two. The breakfast was a little more substantial than just plain old "contintenal." Overall I think the size of the room, the incredible view, and the private deck put this inn at the top of our list.

Pros:
-Size of room
-Comfort of bed
-View of the ocean
-Private deck

Cons:
-Breakfast not as substantial as other B&B's, nor as delicious
-Staff was not too friendly or warm
-You have to "check out" the dvds and sign a sort-of release, unlike other inns where you just grab what you want and it's all on the honors system

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. From the website I thought it would be romantic and cozy with beautiful views. The views were nice, but the "hotel" is more like a really old seaside motel. You enter the room straight from outside in the parking lot (no interior hallway) just like a cheap motel. The room was musty and so old fashioned. I felt like I was staying in Cape May, NJ 20 years ago. Not what I wanted for this expensive of a vacation all the way in California. And the breakfast was horrible. The previously frozen bagels they had out were so hard you could barely bite into them. And the cube-shaped eggs were just strange and not tasty. I would definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Unbeatable view and comfort. We always get a suite, and take our favorite music and warm clothing. So many options for special shopping, dining, and sight seeing. But nothing better than a roaring fire in the fireplace and the view. Breakfast is exceptional......haven't been to the evening cheese and wine events........we're too busy having cocktails in the room. We order room service from the Highlands Inn next door, as it's too inconvenient to go out and miss the view. A very spiritual and awesome place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed in the Senator's Cottage for a week. The cottage is described as "Tucked away in a secluded Cliffside setting". The cliffside is right on US 1, which means that you hear the noise of constant traffic. It calms down at night and the view is beautiful. "Located just 50 yards from the main building", but you have to climb 111 stairs or drive to get to it!!!

The bedrooms are small but comfortable. The living area is very uncomfortable, the sofa felt like it had been upholstered in burlap and was very scratchy. Breakfast came with the room. It was the same breakfast for 7 days, small cubes of lukewarm frittata and triangles of ham, the usual assortment of bread and a small assortment of fruit. There is no table service, in fact to be polite you have to clear off your own table. We did not feel that we got our money's worth. It was expensive and for that amount of money we expected better service (or at least some service!!!) and more attention to detail. I would never go back nor would I recommend this hotel. I think that there are better places to stay for that amount of money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Been there for 3 nights last september, on my wife's birthday.
Stayed at the King bedroom with spa, fire place, .. US$ 450,00/night.
Expensive but worth for a special occasion.
It's far from everything (I mean, walking distance. By car, 10 to 15 minutes to Carmel)
Sunset right in front of your balcony.
Super confortable beds.
Excellent breakfast, welcome champagne, great wine and cheese happy hour (all complimentary).
Jimmy, the bell boy, extremelly helful and courteous, taking care of all our stuff through many, many stairs...

Certainly would come back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!