“A dream!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Zurich
“A dream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

This was our treat for two nights during a 3 week trip through California. It was a recommendation by someone who stayed there about 20 years ago and we weren't disappointed at all! We had a standard ocean view room and the view was beautiful. The weather was ok but no sunsets in the evening. The terrace where breakfast and the wine & cheese offering take place is a comfortable area where you can either meet other guests or keep to yourself. The breakfast was amazing, anything you want and the wine & cheese offering between about 4:30-6pm is a must - at least once! Great wine from the area, grapes, sparkling cider, cheese and crackers and bread. The hotel has a little spa, where you can relax in peace and quiet but it's a small pool (pool is exaggerated). Attention it has sulfur in it, so take of your jewelry before going in. The rooms are beautiful and the service is great. You get the morning paper on the doorstep and you can rent recent or classical movies (up to 2) overnight for free. The staff is really nice and helpful. For younger couples: the average guest is around 50 so it seemed to us and we (in our early 20's) were thought to be no our honeymoon. However we did not have any trouble being younger than most other guests and it was a fabulous stay. We will return for sure!
(Carmel and Monterey are really close, as well as Big Sur area with several State Parks. Point Lobos is a must!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

If you've seen Weston's photos, you've seen the amazing views out the sliders of this hotel. Very relaxing, tea bags (yeah!!) in the hotel room, great breakfast AND wine/cheese, nicely appointed, and so close to lots of other great stuff: Carmel and its shopping, Post Ranch Inn dining, Point Lobos state park hiking.

Good value for what you get, especially if you get Rm. 16--the best in the house. We spent our 20th here, and would recommend it to anyone! Free room service for breakfast, though the dining area is very convenient.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed two nights here. Positives included terrific staff; great location and views; fantastic room; very comfy bed; lots of small touches; proximity to Monterey, Carmel, & Big Sur. A little pricy on a weekend but a good value during the week. Only negatives were noises from road below Inn; footsteps from room above (thin ceilings so ask for highest floor for less noise and best views). I was also a little bothered by the fact the picture on the website airbrushed out the Highland Inn which sits just to left of the Inn - the picture makes it look like it's the only lodging on the hill. That type of marketing is a bit disingenuous in my view, but I guess it's necessary to help sell the place. Once here, I'd say the positives far outweigh the negatives and we'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

Flying into San Francisco and taking the scenice pacific Coast highway to Carmel is like a dream. When you pull up, it looks sort of small and cozy. Once you get to your room, the view makes the place. We had 2 connecting suites with a massive balcony and fireplace. The decor is a little bit dated (looks like 80s, early 90s), but everything is comfortable and very clean. When we arrived we went to the happy hour with wine and cheese. The wine is pretty good (this is cali afterall). It was so much fun sitting on the deck drinking wine, playing cards, and just enjoying the sunset. Again, spectatcular view. The breakfast in the morning is one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever to date. We walked down to the Hyatt to have dinner at their nice restaurant there (the name exscapes me). I would highly recommend doing that too. I plan to return to the tickle pink on my next trip to cali.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We stayed at the Tickle Pink for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and was overwhelmed again by how wonderful the place is. This was our 3rd visit in 8 years, and I hope that we are back again for our 30th (if not sooner).
Our last two visits we have had Suite 16, which has to be the best all time view of any room they have. We enjoyed the wood burning fireplace, the rooms are of good size, the decor is very stylish, but the over all experience is just wonderful.
The staff is very pleasant, and I found never a difficult time with them in the 3 stays I have had. The breakfast rolls are just wonderful, and they have such a variety, delivered warm to your room if you so choose.
We are not wine drinkers, so we did not take part in the afternoon greeting they offer.
They do not have room service per say, in regards to dinner or lunch but there are many places to go to if you want pick up or dine out.
The bathroom has very good amenities, and a good hot shower.
I just love the Inn, from the first visit - I knew I would be back.
I still have the love for the place I first did, looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chico,Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stayed at the Tickle Pink Inn for a 3 day stay, I had read reviews about many hotels in Carmel and decided to stay there.

The quick pros and cons...

Pros,,,The view is amazing,to far away to hear the ocean but magnificent...
Cons...The rooms are like Motel six and way too pricey !!
When you leave your like wow..That was expensive..Yes Carmel is not cheap but I,am sure there are nicer rooms for the money,If you decide to stay,your paying for the view...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Saw the reviews and had to find out if it is real. Booked a trip to San Fran, Napa and finished in Carmel for our birthdays and 38th anniversary. Kept reading about the view so was ready when the time came . Well, even though I heard it was good and thought it would not meet expectations it was without a doubt the best I have seen. Price was not and object for what you get. The staff and setting was great and would and will go back again.

Bart
North St Paul, Mn

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!