“Beautiful babymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Save Saved
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Carmel
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful babymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband I and stayed here in early March to celebrate our babymoon and my birthday and we were very happy. This place hits all the marks for a pregnant lady and dad-to-be. Upon arrival, we were brought delicious sparkling non-alcoholic cider and a box of chocolates. The warm cookies in the lobby and afternoon wine (for him) and sparkling cider (for me) and cheese reception satisfied my constant urge to snack. I slept wonderfully in the soft bed and took several relaxing baths in the big tub. At night we watched movies we checked out from the front desk from the super nice and professional staff. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean from which I could see migrating whales passing by.

The Tickle Pink Inn is a short drive to Carmel, Monterey, and Pacific Grove. All cities have great restaurants. We're an outdoorsy couple, so we spent most of our trip in nearby Point Lobos State Park. It's a great spot for hiking and watching wildlife like whales, sea otters, and sea lions. Make sure you pack your binoculars and cameras!

Our stay at the Tickle Pink was a very romantic and memorable experience and I highly recommend it for any couples considering it as a babymoon spot.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor. You won't hear any highway noise; they're much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Congratulations!
I am glad you were both able to rest and relax during your time here together. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for two nights. All the staff were very friendly, hospitable, and helpful. The hotel was very charming, clean and had amazing views. We were in room 12. I think it is the best value because it is a cove room that has view of ocean and cove, but is cheaper than ocean only view rooms. I did my research and it was well worth it. The breakfasts on the deck were fantastic. Expanded continental is
understatement. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese reception!! We did have issues though. They were doing roof work both days and it kept my wife from napping. The staff helped with a discount which was nice. Carmel and big sur are one of the most amazing places we ever been too. Unplugging from normal life and seeing the mountains, oceans, redwoods was perfect.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Our Cove View rooms are a favorite for many of our guests. They offer a beautiful view of the ocean and the coastline. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am very sorry for the noise disturbance. We did have a maintenance issue that has since been addressed. Hope to see you again soon.
livermore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband whisked me away to Tickle Pink for an early Valentine's Day celebration! We stayed in room 6, and it was breathtaking! About 10 minutes after getting settled, complimentary champagne and chocolates were delivered to our room. After enjoying a toast to the good life, we ventured down to the wine and cheese reception, amazing. Two types of reds, white, sparkling, and even sparkling cider were offered. There were 3 soft cheeses, several assorted varieites of hard cheese, fruit, crackers, and bread. It was a small, delicious feast, with the sunset as our backdrop. We then retired to our room, and enjoyed a real wood fire. The location of Tickle Pink made it very easy to visit Carmel-by-the-Sea for both shopping and dining. Our continental breakfast the following morning was quite a spread, and delicious! We also enjoyed the noon check out, we were able to enjoy a cup of coffee and the view, without feeling rushed.

Room Tip: Rm 6 has both cove and ocean views, along with a fireplace and large balcony!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
There is nothing worse than being rushed while on vacation. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy your stay. Hope to see you soon.
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Tickle Pink is a wonderful small hotel in a beautiful location. It has the best views of the Northern California coast you can imagine, and is close to the restaurants and shopping of Carmel, CA. The hotel is convenient to Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway by a 20 minute drive. It has great service, and a nice breakfast and afternoon wine/cheese reception. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. Even though we are close to many favorite area attractions, I feel that we are just "far enough away". I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Klamath Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were celebrating a Birthday and our Golden Anniversary. We stay'd at Tickle Pink Inn, 50 Years ago when it was named Tickle Pink Motor Inn and it's even better now, then what we remember back then.
Not only spectacular white water views of the Ocean from a private balcony but you will also be pampered to perfection. The office and service staff are World Class and extremely quick to assure your needs are promptly taken care of.
The Continental Breakfast and evening Wine & Cheese are beyond perfection. The Buildings and Grounds are continuously maintained and the Rooms are spotlessly clean. Even after a 6 Day visit we didn't want to leave, that's the ambiance of Tickle Pink Inn! Tickle Pink Inn will be an annual event from here on...
Hats off to the to the friendly and helpful staff at Tickle Ping Inn!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
The view here speaks for itself, but as you note, it is our staff that we feel makes us so special. I am very pleased that they surpassed your expectations. Thank you for staying with us.
Bedford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We arrived for our 20th anniversary getaway to champagne and chocolate. From there, the week just got better. Our room was very, very comfortable with stellar views of the Pacific. The wine and cheese reception each evening was marvelous. The breakfast buffet each morning was simple, yet delicious. Each day we hopped in our rental car and explored the beautiful central California coast. We would highly recommend point Lobos State reserve (about a mile from the inn), Dametra Café (wow) in downtown Carmel, and the pedestrian walkway along Monterey Bay in Pacific Grove. Also, we would highly recommend Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. It's about a 40 minute drive from the inn, but worth it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary celebration with us. It sounds as if you did a wonderful job exploring the area. Hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my first stay at Tickle Pink Inn. I enjoyed my room and the views from the balcony so much that even after three days I was sad to leave. This has never happened to me at a hotel, regardless of price. I spent more time than planned just enjoying the beauty and calm of the balcony. And even though there were people on the other side of the walls separating "my" balcony from others, I heard almost no sounds from other guests. I chose Tickle Pink because I wanted to wake up to a spectacular view, but I figured I'd be driving up and down the coast to enjoy all the other amazing views the area has to offer. I'm a huge fan of Point Lobos and have happily endured flights from the Midwest and the hassles of car rental to get there. I usually spend most of my time scouting for photos on foot and in my rental car. But once I saw the view from the balcony at Tickle Pink, I knew I would be planted there for most of the day. The weather didn't cooperate with my photo efforts (no colorful sunsets, not much mist over the ocean), but I didn't care because the view was so beautiful. The room was extremely comfortable, with many conveniences. The bathroom was a perfect size and spotlessly clean. I loved the breakfast and was delighted to find that it included such un-Continental things as breakfast sausage and eggs. There were plenty of offerings for the health conscious as well. The breakfast coffee was outstanding. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
There are certainly many photo opportunities in our area with all of the natural beauty surronding our area. I am glad you found us and enjoyed your stay. I hope you can return for a future visit and experience one of our beautiful sunsets.

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!