“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Save Saved
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Tracy, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We visited Tickle Pink this past November, and decided to finally getting around to review. We had room #24, 2nd floor with the best views of the coast. Large expansive deck/balcony. We enjoyed our time here immensely. Although pricey, we felt it was worth the price of admission. You simply cannot beat the experience of having such a beautiful, serene place to visit for relaxation and ambiance.

My wife practically melted into the bed and could hardly wake her up in the morning to get her down for our breakfast treat. We did not want to leave the room, it was so nice to be there.The pluses:
1. large suite

1. Dated decor
2. uncomfortable sofa
3. small bath area
4. creaky floors near door
5. terrible parking, hard to find a spot and tight.

We had one odd experience our first night. The fire alarms wen off and made a horrendous noise throughout the whole hotel complex. The staff could not turn it off. the fire dept came and we expected that we would need to evacuate. We got no information or any explanation on what was going on. We had absolutely no idea of what to do. This was around 9:00 pm. Imagine, having the alarms in the room and the whole hotel blasting for approx 1/2 an hour.

The least the management could have done is offered us some short of explanation or maybe a discount for the situation due to our discomfort and inconvenience. The staff at the front desk were not very warm and friendly. I would describe their attitudes as distant and aloof maybe. They just seemed to not be very personable. I mean, this was our first time, and we were excited to be there. Oh well, it did not ruin the whole experience of it.

I got time to do some jogging in the hills, very pleasant forest surroundings and nice people walking their dogs. Other fun things to do include visiting down town Carmel and Point Lobos for some power walking on the trails. We had a great time.

Tip: you can park across from park on Highway one and avoid the entrance fee, just walk on in.

Room Tip: room 24, 2nd floor for optimal views of cove and beach, large balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
I would like to apologize for the fire alarm inadvertently sounding. The system was just installed and the alarm company was still trying to work out all the "bugs"...and that is why our staff may have seemed a little distraught. Fortunately, it has since been repaired and all is working fine. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate my birthday. We were in room 2, it was wonderful! The view from the room was amazing! The room felt like home with all the small touches that they add. Since it was my birthday, they delivered champagne with chocolate and a card to the room after we checked in. It was very surprising and thoughtful. We enjoyed the champagne and watched the sun set on the porch. Breakfast was better than I anticipated. The description is continental, but I felt they went above just continental offering a variety of juices, fruits and hot items. They also offered happy hour with wine and cheese. It was delightful to sit and enjoy the view with wine and some some food. The location was perfect! It was very close to Point Lobos National Park. We came to enjoy the sites and views. I didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back! You won't be disappointed! We didn't enjoy the hot tub, but we walked by the area and it was very lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We do have the perfect location for viewing nature, (the whales are migrating) Point Lobos is spectacular as well. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Great Yarmouth, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Well, where to start with this hotel? It really is like no-where else I’ve ever stayed before, and I mean that in a good way. Really smooth check in, quite a few steps involved getting to the room but I’ll gladly gloss over that and anyway the porter did offer to help us. The hotel knew this trip was for my husbands 50th birthday and there was champagne and chocolates waiting for us on arrival – lovely touch. The room was huge with a lounge area that included an open fire, and a bedroom area that included a whirlpool bath. Absolutely stunning views over the bay, great at any time of day.
Every evening there is a wine and cheese reception which is a lovely idea, and this can be enjoyed either indoors in front of the fire or on the heated outdoor terrace watching the sun go down. The hotel is quite remote and there aren’t many eating options in the vicinity although I gather there is an arrangement with the Hyatt property next door and they will deliver food. Here’s my tip.........go into Carmel for a lovely languid lunch, stop off and buy snacks on the way back to the hotel, enjoy the wine and cheese reception, hire a DVD from reception (no charge), light your fire, watch your DVD and eat your snacks – BLISS!!
I must give a special shout out to the lady on reception (sorry didn’t get her name) when I asked for help due to excruciating toothache. She went out of her way to help and I’m very grateful.
Tickle Pink Inn truly is a special place

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist with your toothache. Hope you are feeling better and hope to see you again.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was not our first stay at Tickle Pink Inn. We had stayed here about ten years ago. This time we had room 23. What a wonderful view from the room. The bathroom was a nice size and so was the room. ..extremely spacious and quiet. Even though we went in the summer, we had the fireplace on every night. The breakfast was wonderful and I couldn't have been more pleased with the reception. A bottle of champagne was waiting for us in the room. We needed to leave early on our departure day and they gave us our checkout receipt the night before. We recommend Tickle Pink Inn to anyone staying around Carmel. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Room 23 is an excellent location..views are wonderful, room extremely spacious as well as the bathro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
There is something to be said about our "coastal fog" during the summer. Toasting with champagne in front of the firpelace! We are happy you enjoyed your stay.
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 20th anniversary. The room was spotless and well maintained daily and offered exceptional views from the large balcony. Upon arrival, a bottle of champagne and chocolates arrived, the person who made my reservation asked if the stay was for a special occasion, and they followed through, a nice touch. Breakfast is served daily, and while not extraordinary, it's a definite step up from plain old continental and gives you the opportunity to have a bite and coffee before starting the day. It's served in a lovely area with both indoor and outdoor tables, with heaters outdoors. The staff keeps an eye out that things are restocked as needed, so there is plenty to choose from. There is a small, but beautifully designed hot tub that we enjoyed during our stay, with surprisingly no other guests on each visit, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Good location with easy access to main roads, but high above them, so you really only enjoy the sounds of the water with outstanding views.

Room Tip: Rooms with a full view are worth the splurge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your anniversary getaway and were able to enjoy all the amenities the Inn has to offer.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I don't even know where to start with this place. It's a slice of heaven! My fiancé and I stayed for two nights in a Ocean front suite/hot tub room. We were in room 34. I requested a upstairs room, but they were all taken, but trust me if you get "stuck" with a lower room....it's still breathtaking!

The noise level for a lower room isn't bad. Yes, we heard the people upstairs, but only in our bathroom (and you can shut the door to the bathroom which decreased the sound even more) and only when they put their hot tub on. It was more of a "humming" sound....it wasn't ridiculously annoying or anything. I'm guessing we got lucky with the people above us? Because we didn't hear them at all....just the hot tub when they used it.

Breakfast was extremely nice and I enjoyed every bit of it!

I REALLY enjoyed the complementary wine, cheese, fruit, and crackers. The view was GORGEOUS! It was so nice to sit and enjoy wine and food while viewing the beautiful sunset.

Tickle Pink does have room service, but it's limited. They have a snack menu and an extensive wine list. My fiancé and I didn't want to drive anywhere for dinner, so on both nights, we ordered dinner from the Hyatt-- that was bought to us in our room --the Hyatt is literally next door, so service was quick. There is a Hyatt dinner menu in each room. The food was delicious. Room service for both places ends at 10pm.

This place really pays attention to the little details. I was bummed out because I had forgotten candles (to put by the hot tub), but to my surprise, there were some in the room that we could use. I thought that was a nice touch. The showers are nice and big and they even have a phone by the toilet.

The TV is not in a fixed place...which we really liked. You can swivel the TV to the living room area if you wanted to watch something on the couch) ,towards the bed, or even watch a movie/show while relaxing in the hot tub.

The view was PHENOMENAL from the balcony (and everywhere else in and around the Inn) and service was GREAT ---they really try to accommodate your every need and want.

For some, the price for this particular room could be an issue, but obviously they have other rooms that are cheaper. It was actually an issue for me, so that is why I waited until they had their WINTER rates (20% off a room) and we went on a weekDAY. It was considerably cheaper and worth it! The weather was extremely nice for the month of January and it was pretty warm.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We are pleased you appreciated all the little details and were able to take advantage of our "Winter" rates. It is hard to believe it is winter with the spectacular weather we have be having. Hope to see you again.
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my favorite hotel in the Carmel area. It is quite, well managed, and offers a true sense of unity with the Big Sur environment. The rooms are excellent, and the staff is exceptional. The room décor is very appealing. I recommend this hotel highly, make reservations well in advance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
The enviroment and views are indeed beautiful, and are a large reason why guests come to visit us. I believe the staff plays just as important of a role, if not more so, and I am very pleased that you found them exceptional. Thank you.

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!