“A romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
Save Saved
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
San Francisco, California
“A romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Tickle Pink Inn is by far the best romantic getaway. We came here to celebrate our late anniversary. We were impressed by the breathtaking cove view, private balcony, courteous staff, and the enjoyment of complimentary wine and cheese served while whisk away by the sunset of the ocean. We visited this weekend the weather is just perfect. Having the delicious breakfast on our balcony and while admiring the sunrise from our balcony is beyond our expectation. Every step you take on this premise is surrounded by magnificent ocean views, beautiful landscape that's well kept and the tuscany charm it exhibits. We were so grateful to be able to enjoy the ocean view from our bed while listening to the wave crashing against the rocks and hearing the seagulls chirp. We will definitely return again. Thank you Tickle Pink for making this visit such a memorable experience. We couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: love room #10
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Hopefully you will be able to come back soon and have just as
memorable of an experience as the first time. Room #10 is a favorite for many people.

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband knows that I love the Tickle Pink Inn and he surprised me with a get away here for my birthday. From the minute you arrive you're doing a mental "ahhh" as your body starts to relax and let go. Our room was very comfortable and the bed was perfect.

If the cookies at check in don't get you or the champagne and chocolates while you're taking in the view from your room will. Not enough, enjoy the sunset while enjoying the daily complimentary wine and cheese offering. Honestly, The staff is friendly, professional and responsive to your needs. Tickle Pink is everything they advertise and more, trust me I am VERY picky.

This is a special place that delivers on all points and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Krysty P, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
So glad you were able to get away for your birthday and partake in the wine and cheese reception (and the other amenities as well). It is a nice way to unwind , relax and get to know some of the other guests. Here is to many more happy birthdays!
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We recently did the PCH and stopped at this hotel. In making reservations, the staff was exceptionally friendly. We were put in room 34 which overlooks the bay just south of Carmel. There is a large balcony and the view is gorgeous. Also, the room is long with picture windows to take advantage of the view. However, the room is like a Hilton. There is a heavy old time steel entry door. It is one large room. There is a fireplace with a firelog instead of real wood. The living area is pleasantly decorated but the couch is uncomfortable and cheaply covered. There is a flat screen tv and an ipod docking station. The front desk has some dvd's. There is a small desk and small closet. The bed and pillows were comfortable. For some reason they put a jacuzzi in the middle of the room. The bathroom glass shower was nicely done. Apparantly the room is taken by many honeymooners- it is definitely Pocono kitschy if that is your thing. The hotel is partially under construction. There was a small room for a minor continental buffet breakfast but the items were definitely store bought. You can walk next door to the Hyatt for restaurant meals and the hotels are so close to one another it is no big deal. If upscale is your thing, I would not stay here. If you love views and don't mind kitsch, it is okay.

Room Tip: It is only worth staying here if you have a nice view of the bay
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
While we are happy that this guest enjoyed many aspects of our property, such as the views and our friendly staff, we are saddened that some were not to their liking. The rooms were recently renovated and appointed by a local designer and most of our guests seem to like the style and enjoy the accouterments provided in them. The breakfast items are in fact baked on-site, except for the specialty bread loaves that are delivered from a local bakery. We are hopeful that this guest might consider staying with us again, and perhaps choose a different type of room that is more to their liking.
Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

What a wonderful find in the Carmel Highlands, just south of Carmel-by-the-Sea and overlooking the sea near Point Lobos. The staff could not have been more welcoming, and they had Cava and chocolates in our room upon arrival. We enjoyed wine and cheese at sunset with other guests. Breakfast was ample. Our room was spacious, well-appointed, and clean. I would have given the sleep quality a five rating, but we could hear a bit of noise from Highway 1, certainly nothing to worry about. Truly loved the views and the sunsets. Will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Several months have passed since my retreat to the Tickle Pink Inn during that extended July 4th weekend; however after staying in numerous hotels since, it is this one that resonates with my heart the most. So perhaps this is why I felt somewhat compelled to save the best for last. First off, though I felt younger than the average patron, I didn't feel any less valued. The staff is very welcoming. Residing in the flat, landlocked city of Dallas for too many years, I longed to sleep beside the ocean, to savor the sounds of the waves crashing against the rocky Carmel cliffs. Each evening, I spent hours on my balcony perched above the trees, relaxing in the Adironack chair, snuggled in the complementary blanket, inhaling the crisp cool air, basking in the gentle cool breezes, all while sipping my champagne and savoring the cove view before me. Even in darkness, after the view fades into the abyss of night, your senses will be awakened, if not heightened. Once it becomes too cold, the cozy bed with all it's soft linens awaits to embrace you. No detail was overlooked: from a journal to record your thoughts, to the sound machine on the nightstand, to the robes and the slippers, to the champagne and chocolates, and to the extra blanket for immersing yourself in the arresting beauty of the view while you lie incessantly on the balcony, Indeed, I didn't have the most luxurious room at the Tickle Pink, but it seemed to enrich my spirit, nonetheless. It will enrich yours too. As much as I love to reflect, and as complacent as I am to be alone, this certainly is one place I wish I had someone special to share with. That is my only regret. I shall return.

Room Tip: Stunning Views!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We are pleased you had such a pleasant experience during your visit. Your review was very nice, I believe you may have heightened the awareness our natural beauty for future and past guests alike.
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Everything was exquisite from arrival to departure. Our top floor room was gorgeous with a commanding view of the cove. We were delighted to be welcomed with a bottle of champagne which we immediately enjoyed while taking in the breath-taking views. The room was nicely decorated and kudos for having a woodburning fireplace with plenty of dried wood available. The ambience was extraordinary and the staff was very friendly and professional. This was the "splurge" part of our 18 day trip but it was well worth it. Truly a romantic nirvana. We would most definitely return as the Tickle Pink was a great base from which to explore the Monterey/Carmel area. Most highly recommended for a couples' getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I found this hotel from tripadvior's top romantic hotels in The United States, and, let me tell you, this hotel deserves it. Great and friendly staff, wonderful service, and excellent location will start off your experience. Once checked-in, you will be thrilled to see the view that welcomes you. My girlfriend and I stayed in the Deluxe Ocean view suite with a whirlpool. We were stunned by how big the room was, and all the amenities that came with the room. It was the perfect place to propose to my soon to be wife :) I highly recommend this hotel to couples who enjoy relaxing to one of the best views and locations.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!