“Romance a plenty!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Costa Mesa, California
“Romance a plenty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were getting married in Pebble Beach and we weren't sure where we were going to stay - The Tickle Pink Inn was mentioned one morning on KTLA Channel 5 News as one of the top most romantic places to stay. I'm glad we decided to reserve one of the suites for our 4 day stay in Carmel before flying on to the remainder of our honeymoon. The view was amazing, the remodeled bathroom was exceptional, the jacuzzi tub & fireplace were romantic touches, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in my entire life! However, it was the little details of having a container of fresh ground coffee in the room so that we could make an actual full pot of coffee, the complimentary breakfast every morning delivered to our room, and the fresh baked cookies every night that really stood out to us. The road below the room was overlooked since there's nothing we could do about it. I do think the decor in the rooms could be updated; however, we left there feeling peaceful, relaxed and with no question that we would return on our anniversary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Chappaqua, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days at this establishment. The hotel is in a beautiful area of Carmel with our room having a spectacular view of the ocean and a nearby cove. However, the hotel itself feels more like a motel than a luxury resort. Our room was relatively small especially in view of the $400 a night charge. Upon arriving we inquired as to whether the bed coverlet, bedspread and decorative pillows were cleaned after each stay and were advised that they were only cleaned occasionally. We requested that they be removed from the room for the time we were to be there. Upon inspection the sheets had holes in them and the bed pillows were old and flat as a pancake. The parking lot for the hotel is too small to accommodate all of the vehicles that must use it when the hotel if fully occupied making it almost impossible to get in and out of the lot. The breakfasts are hit or miss with some days being better than others. There are no grounds at this hotel with only a small outdoor jacuzzi. The staff is very friendly and try to accommodate as best they can. Two nights we did not receive turn down service even though we requested it for each night of our stay. There is no air conditioning so we had to sleep with our balcony door open to cool down the room. Unfortunately there is no screen on the door so insects would come in the room. One morning we were woken up at 5:30 am by our next door neighbors' moving chairs on their balcony and talking. Overall our stay was pleasant but not memorable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
While we do not consider ourselves a luxury resort, we are very sorry that these guests anticipated us as such...and were therefore disappointed. We are a small intimate Inn that features rooms and suites of varying sizes and configurations. Our bedding includes Italian-crafted 100% Egyptian cotton (500 thread count) linens, and hypoallergenic Siberian and European goose down comforters and pillows...all of which are cleaned daily, if not regularly. As turndown service is not normally provided, it was our pleasure to provide it...one evening was unfortunately missed due to a misunderstanding (we came too early, and waited to be called back). The need for air conditioning is very uncommon in the Carmel area due to its proximity to the ocean (fog and coastal breezes)...and as we noted in a previous response, the sliders do not have screen doors because guests claim it detracts from the view (it was they who actually told us to remove them). We appreciate the fact that these guests thought our staff to be very friendly and that their overall stay was pleasant. We are very sorry, however, that we did not meet their expectations as we truly strive to make everyone's stay an enjoyable and memorable experience.
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We came down to Carmel for an overnight to see Lewis Black at Sunset Center, and although we could have stayed almost next door to that venue, we decided to stay about 10 min. outside Carmel south at Tickle Pink.
It is without doubt extremely expensive, but you DO get what you pay for... we had a complimentary bottle of champagne as well as a cheese & fruit platter (grapes) that was a pleasant surprise. Room 30 (suite) has a jetted whirlpool next to the king bed (honeymooners take note), the bathroom is huge (although it only has a single sink...in this day & age double sinks are de riguer), and the living room has a fireplace with a tiny kitchenette sink, frig & microwave.
Breakfast was superb..lots of choices from juice, to cereal, to eggs, ham, etc. Terrific coffee and pastries galore. Plus the Terrace Room where breakfast is served 7-10am gives you a view of the Pacific well worth the price of admission (I.e. staying here).
While we wouldn't (and couldn't) afford TWO nights here, ONE is certainly memorable enough to feel like TWO!

• Stayed September 2013
Huron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Saw this place 25 years ago...finally came back and stayed!
From the robes and slippers to the awesome views and Happy Hour and location...this is the place to stay.
Be sure to ask about your room view...I called months in ahead and was told the cove view was just as good as the ocean view... and I think it would have been if I had one of the cove views that didn't have the lower roof in my view, as well. That was the only negative...bummed me out because I called so far in advance.
Don't miss a hike at Pt Lobos!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Santo Domingo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and it was a great experience. We stayed in a room with a cove view and it was beautiful. Nice balcony to enjoy the view. The rooms are very nice, spacious, well decorated, comfortable and clean. The service was great! The breakfast was very good! And the 3:00 pm freshly made cookies where the best treat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
yorkshire dales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a great time at the Tickle Pink. It up high, off Highway 1, a little way outside Carmel. We liked the friendly atmosphere of this hotel. It doesn't have a restaurant but you can order food from the Highlands Inn next door. We did this and it was delivered to our room. Tickle Pink also serve complimentary wine in the afternoon with cheese. A nice way to meet new people! The room and the view were truly wonderful and we were very happy with our stay. We will return!

Stayed September 2013
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My daughter wanted to do something special for me for my 60th birthday and took me to Carmel. When she told me this was the plan, I thought we would stay in the town area of Carmel. Instead, she found this great little hotel up in the Highlands. We had a wonderful time! I took a photo of the magnificent ocean view with my basic phone camera and it has been my computer screen saver all year, reminding me of the fun time we had.

Having said all this--I was surprised to read the not-so-great reviews. From the minute we checked in to departure two days later, everything was wonderful. We drove to Carmel for dinner, shopping, and just strolling. Other than that, we enjoyed staying in our suite, lounging on the balcony, watching the incredible ocean in winter. We were sure we saw whales. It was different being able to relax on the balcony with champagne, snacks, and warm blankets than just being on the beach. Yes, the view is the same, but this was more gentle and cozy. Actually, the view is better because you are higher up, but still close. Big Sur vistas are breathtaking.

The wine reception was nice, with a lovely ambiance on the glass enclosed patio. It was the same place for breakfast, but had an entirely different feel at sundown! I believe we had breakfast in our room the first morning, which was very good, served well, and we spent a leisurely morning watching the ocean, chatting, reading the paper....sounds lowkey, but it was like being at home and totally relaxed! It was just what I wanted for my special new decade birthday! No one rushed us to get out of the room, there wasn't much noise of other guests departing--not at all a motel type experience as some reviewed. It was winter and mid-week, but the hotel seemed full. Everyone was polite and courteous.

Our room was a suite, Sweet Sixteen. As I've mentionei The room was decorated beautifully, everything clean. There are narrow, semi-steep stairs to get to the hot tub and the food area, just to mention. I recommend, as one reviewer did, that you call and talk about your expectations. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I had a great time and hope you will too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!