“A charming, romantic getaway.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Carmel
“A charming, romantic getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tickle Pink Inn is one of a kind. You can't beat the size, location and attention to details at this place. It is very close to the Hyatt, which we tried one time, and the Tickle Pink Inn was SO much better! It is deceiving from the outside, but the rooms are amazing! This is probably one of my all time favorite small hotels in the U.S. A great place for an anniversary surprise or just a weekend get-a-way. You will love this place!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet. The views are amazing!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Woodbridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Took my wife away for her birthday, and had a Great experience at the Tinkle Pink Inn. I would highly recommend this place. The views were great and the room we had was awesome, and the staff was very friendly. I am definitely planning a return trip and look forward to staying longer.

chicai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

You pay for the views. We stayed in room 28 for 3 nights during our trip for our 5 year anniversary. We couldn't check in until 3pm which was fine. When we got in our room they brought us champagne and chocolates. Each night though they forgot our " bottles of water" which is supposed to be included each night. The views were wonderful. Cove and ocean. It was a nice end unit too. The breakfast was nothing special but I liked the cheese reception which was a nice touch. The room is VERY dated. The pictures make the bathroom look way nicer. The fireplace was a nice though and we used it each day. They have a hot tub which was out of service for 1.5 days, which was a bummer bc I wanted to use it. I did though when it was up and running. Also there were spiders in our room...eek!

Overall: pricey-but think about what you get..views, champagne and chocolates, breakfast, cheese/wine. factor all that. Outdated rooms. I think I would stay elsewhere next time too, because the entire area you get amazing views and we weren't in the room that much anyway bc we were too busy exploring! Also room 28 is awesome, but if I were to stay I would stay in rooms 30 and up ( more privacy) for the price. ( it will cost you more though!)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I spend two wonderful days at the Tickle Pink Inn in early April. We had viewed the photos of our suite, #31, in advance, but you have to be there to appreciate the room and the view. It was so comfortable we didn't want to leave to go touring the area, though we did. I didn't see the other rooms and suites, but you can't go wrong with #31, which is typically highlighted in their brochures. The private deck, jacuzzi tub, the dreamy bed, and the fireplace make it a very comfortable place to relax. It's pricey, but we think you get your money's worth. It includes various goodies such as a bottle of champagne and breakfast in bed, as well as a nice evening reception of wine and cheese. My only critique was that they could mix up the selection of cheese each evening for those who are staying more than one night. But the cheese, and the wine, were delicious. Before getting a reservation, try to get a sense of the view from the various rooms -- some have better views than others. The staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: The suites are clearly the best, and most expensive. I suspect 31, where we stayed, and 32 are the...
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I spent a week traveling south on the PCH and The Tickle Pink Inn was a two night stop along the way. Of all the places we stayed that week, well, of anywhere ever actually, we'd put Tickle Pink in our top 2 favorites! We had a cove view and thought it was the perfect blend of cove and open ocean. The view alone was breathtaking! Clean and comfortable adirondack chairs, ottomans and a side table made it comfortable to sit and watch the sunset both nights. I know for certain that the housekeeping service cleans the patios/balconies just as thoroughly as they do the rooms themselves because on our first night a friendly sea gull left a little treat on the tile of the balcony and the next morning, after housekeeping came, it was gone, cleaned away as if it'd never been there. Little things like that go a long way with me because most housekeeping would have just ignored that little bit anywhere else. The room itself was beyond comfortable and decorated very tastefully. It was obvious this property cares very much about Guest's comfort during their stay. There were a variety of bed pillows (both feather and standard) which is nice. The mattress was so comfortable I'd swear it was brand new! The robes and slippers were a nice touch as was the in room fridge. Champagne and chocolates were delivered shortly after our arrival the first day. We loved being able to rent movies (for free) from the office to watch in bed and loved that there was a mix of both classic and new, current movies. There was a journal in the room where guests could write messages about their stays and I loved being able to sit and read over all the wonderful stories! The bathroom was very updated and spacious and I loved that it had a window to let the breezes come through. The cheese and wine reception was delightful in every way! I couldn't believe the variety or the quantity they provided. The views from the terrace were spectacular and we enjoyed several glasses of wine as we watched whales out on the ocean. The breakfast was such a treat and I LOVE that you have the option of having it on the terrace or brought to your room. I mean seriously, breakfast in bed for free? Um, yes please! And it was a ridiculously ample portioned meal too! So much so that we couldn't even finish it! As was with the wine and cheese reception, the variety available was outstanding. We had eggs florentine, breakfast potatoes, bacon, crisp apple strudels, granola, and fresh fruit. Plus hot chocolate, juice and milk. And breakfast came with a vase of baby pink roses which made an already fun meal just that much more special. One night we ordered room service and again the portions were massive. We were able to share a burger and fries that was meant for one but more than enough for two. I was impressed with how fast the room service was too, having to wait just a mere 20 minutes for my dinner. When it came time to check out, we were so sad to go and wished we could've stayed an additional night. I couldn't possibly explain just how lovely this place is and would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat! My only regret is not purchasing a robe to bring home with me. The one in the room was so luxurious feeling and I find myself wishing I would've splurged on buying one. Maybe next time? I sincerely hope to stay here again very soon!

Room Tip: Room 11 was a perfect blend of cove and ocean views! We could see both rocky cliffs and whales out a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've been looking forward to staying at the Tickle Pink inn for many years and had high expectations. Unfortunately, it did not live up to expectations and is not a good value for the high price. We had a cove room room which did have a lovely view. The room decor and bathroom were nicely done although a bit tired and could use an update. The highly touted breakfast was ordinary and smaller than expected. What surprised me most was the lack of interest and welcome when checking in and out. For a small boutique hotel that should appreciate their guests and make them feel welcome, it was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Pay the extra each night and go for a full ocean view room as our cove view room while nice overlook...
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
As we pride ourselves on our personal and attentive service, we are very embarrassed by this guest’s experience. Being a small, intimate inn, we make every effort to instill a welcoming experience for our guests…so we apologize for falling short and would ask that this guest contact our management regarding their experience so that we might properly address their concerns. Equally important is their impression that our décor seemed a bit tired. This is disheartening as we have updated all components of the room furnishings within just the last couple of years. Our hope is that this guest would allow us another opportunity to properly accommodate them in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Monterey, Carmel, and visiting Big Sur. THe hotel was absolutely charming, rustic, and scenic. We felt like we were in a private villa with the Pacific Ocean through our window and overlooking our balcony. The staff was extremely helpful. Our only complaint was the quality and variety of breakfast. For a higher end hotel, we were disappointed in the breakfast. It seemed like pre-packaged breads, baked goods, bacon, etc etc. IT would have been nice to have the option of ordering an omelette, waffle, fruit salad, cheese or meats or something a little less institutional tasting and more substantial. The ambience of the breakfast room, balcony and resort surpassed our expectations and breakfast really became secondary. We enjoyed the wine ceremony with cheese at night. The cheese quality was delicious and the wines were lovely. Overall, the room, resort, views and caliber of staff, room details made for a fantastic stay. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!