“Beautiful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Carmel
Boca Raton, Florida
“Beautiful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I visited the Tickle Pink Inn for five nights back in August, 2012. I'm writing in December because I haven't had a chance to write until now. My husband and I leave near the beach in South Florida, where there are many beautiful hotels and beaches, so I feel quite comfortable comparing this hotel. We have pretty high standards, generally five star hotels, and Tickle Pink Inn did not disappoint (with one exception below.) What Tickle Pink Inn provided for us was a feeling of really getting away and having a taste of luxury following the prior week in Alaska, where sometimes luxury wasn't even an option. The Alaska/Carmel vacation was a unique, two-part vacation, and I love the way it turned out. It was a great compromise for my husband and myself. I would also highly recommend Carmel as a destination in itself, and the Tickle Pink Inn made the whole stay so easy and pleasant. It was nothing like a hotel on a Florida beach, as we were up on a hill, and the area was not commercialized. Of course, it was too cold to swim in the water, but we saw plenty of seals and other animals that made the trip special in other ways.

We loved the view and the rooms at the Tickle Pink Inn, as well as the restaurant next door. The restaurant next door has a casual bar area, where you can order off a light menu, as well as a full sit-down five star dinner area with the same spectacular view as we had from our hotel rooms. Near the bar, there was lots of dancing and great music. It was a lively crowd of all ages. We wished we had some dancing shoes.

As far as the hotel rooms, it was one of the few hotels where it felt so clean that I didn't mind going barefoot in the hotel. The bedding was super fresh and changed regularly, and the bed itself was ultra-comfortable. We loved the gift of champagne and chocolates that we received at check in. Our suite had a lovely fireplace and two TV sets. We could only watch a movie that we borrowed from the front desk at the TV in the living room, however. We had a full ocean view, and it was spectacular. The location is great for visiting the nearby downtown Carmel, the local winery, as well as the beautiful parks nearby. We loved shopping in downtown Carmel. What a charming place, with so many great restaurants! On one perfectly blue sunny day, we took a drive down the Big Sur, and we took tons of fabulous photos. It's a great location for doing all of the above as long as you have a car.

The breakfast was nice, though offered few things in the gluten free category. I asked the servers if they had any cereals in the back, and they were not even open to checking. Later, in the check-in area, I asked the manager if they could get some Rice Crispies or other cereal for the breakfast, and he told me to go to a grocery store nearby. That response was a bit disconcerting for a hotel of this caliber, and really that was my only complaint about the experience.

The afternoon/evening wine and cheese was really nice.

Overall, we are left with very fond memories of Tickle Pink Inn, and we felt it was a very good value. I will recommend it to my friends and family as a top choice for visiting Carmel.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms in the center with an amazing ocean view all the way around.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

673 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

First time stay last August for four nights prior to traveling to Napa. Tickle Pink exceeded expectations. Great value for the money compared to other alternatives. Ocean views were breathtaking! We enjoyed the wine tastings and complementary breakfasts. Great jumping off spot for Big Sur excursions and plenty of good hiking options close by. We enjoyed discovering Carmel and Pacific Grove and the the many fine restaurant choices in the area. We plan to return next year but will book in advance to insure getting the preferred suites with the better views. For golfers visiting Carmel to play Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Shpyglass etc, you might want to try Pacific Grove Golf Course for a fine test of golf at a much more reasonable price. Thanks to all for the great reviews that helped us find this Carmel treasure. We recommend the Tickle Pink Inn highly.

Room Tip: Ask for suggestions from the reservation desk prior to booking. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The inn is warm and inviting, the room was large with a fireplace and a stunning view of the ocean and crashing waves. The wine reception was good with different cheeses and good wine, the breakfast was delivered to our room at no extra charge, so we ate both mornings in our room with a fire in the fireplace and the ocean view. Delightful.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have stayed at the Tickle Pink more times than I can remember. A great value for the money. Always awesome. Can only truly be experienced in a suite. Caution: Stay away from the Pacific Edge restaurant next door at the Highlands. Better to take $300.00 and throw it in the ocean. Casanova's downtown Carmel is the best romantic restaurant in the Carmel area. Picnic at Point Lobos is a must. Other than that, grab the one you love, your favorite beverage, build a fire and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Have stayed in suites at every level and the best room by far given view, ease of access is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for my anniversary and it was great. We had an ocean view fireplace room. It was gorgeous and the fireplace was great. The room was a little musty because it's a wood fireplace, but it wasn't a big deal to us. The bathroom had candles on hand, and each room has a journal of all previous guests to that room. It's really neat to read the previous comments, and to add your own. Oh, and the cookies upon arrival and champagne in our room after dinner were a great bonus! My only suggestion would be to request a cove room, so you might be able to hear the ocean a little better.

Room Tip: Stay in a cove room if you can, and if beware if you have allergies as the fireplace rooms can smell...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambria, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary at the Tickle Pink Inn. Wonderful views, excellent bed sheets with a very high thread count, friendly staff, very nice afternoon wine reception, and a good continental breakfast. The room was very clean; good attention to detail and clean windows to enjoy the ocean view. The windows compliment comes from a professional window cleaner as well as a someone who has worked the front desk in a four-diamond hotel. We would return again.

I would define this property as a romantic get away for couples.

I strongly recommend Demetras Cafe in Carmel for dinner. Just check their reviews and that will speak volumes. Strongly recommend reservations.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband surprised me with a wonderful stay at the Tickle Pink Inn. 5 stars in every way! You truly feel like a guest here and are well taken care of from the moment you arrive. Stunning views, complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolates delivered to your room, incredible complimentary wine and cheese served on the terrace nightly, in-room fireplace, wonderful complimentary breakfast, cozy rooms and beds...the list just goes on and on. And it's only a few minutes away from the beautiful Point Lobos State Reserve. Time seems to stand still here-- which is just what you want in a romantic getaway. What a lovely, relaxing trip! Can't wait to return again to Tickle Pink Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!