“Tickled Pink at the Tickle Pink Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tickle Pink Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tickle Pink Inn
You added Tickle Pink Inn to your Saves list
155 Highland Drive, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
Shreveport, LA USA
“Tickled Pink at the Tickle Pink Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We wanted to escape the heat so for our annual anniversary/birthday trip, my husband suggested a few nights in San Francisco then a drive down to Carmel for a few days. He had been to Carmel to play golf and experienced the drive along the Pacific Coast Highway but I had not.
The drive down was beautiful, stopped and bought the most wonderful strawberries, blackberries and cherries. We arrived at Tickle Pink mid-afternoon, our room not quite ready and we had expected this so no problem. We sat out on the terrace/lounge area and took in the beauty of flowers, surf crashing on rocks, cool breeze, clean air and a glass of wine.
Our room was ready soon and what a wonderful treat it was. Room 14...had to be the best one...we had a one bedroom suite with fireplace, wrap-around balcony and a view to die for. The bedroom was plush, great pillows, fine linens...but, the afternoon sun made the rooms warm and that's when I learned there was no air conditioning...uh, oh...but, not to worry...just open the sliding glass door and the bedroom window and that problem was solved. Soon after we settled in, a surprise was delivered...chilled champagne...welcome to heaven!
We enjoyed watching the waves, sipping champagne and taking it all in...this beautiful place. There is wine and cheese in the lounge and my husband brought a sampling to our room...promptly a sea gull arrived...did not intrude but he kept us company our entire visit. We walked down to Pacific's Edge for dinner then back up...sat out on the lounge chairs, brought out the extra blanket (yippee, yippee, yippee) gazed at the stars, listened to the waves and decided we would never leave.
The staff is wonderful. They provided maps, tips, and suggestions. The Inn is small...no elevators and very private. The breakfast was offered in the lounge/terrace area or brought to the room and we had it delivered every day. Bite-size eggs florentine, ham, assorted pastries (omg) juice and coffee. Cereal and oatmeal were other options...oatmeal is instant.
Fresh bottles of water were left in our mini-fridge each day...there was a coffee maker...regular size. After shopping all day at Carmel Plaza we often came back with a variety of cheeses and wine...Room Service would bring 'set ups'...plates, silverware, wine glasses and napkins. Televisions in both rooms, hundreds of channels and an assortment of classic movies you could choose from in the office. Music channels also available but we enjoyed listening to the waves. We were there 4 nights, saw 2 sunsets...foggy evenings the other 2 so no stars but could still hear waves. We had 2 very sunny days for sight-seeing and shopped on the cloudy days. If you have a car, don't miss the 17 Mile Drive...simply gorgeous...we had lunch at Pebble Beach but fog rolled in and we had to skip Spanish Bay.
We enjoyed the fireplace at night...left the doors and windows open and hated to leave.
The staff was more than wonderful...for instance, we had wanted to drive to Big Sur so they called to find out if weather was clear, which it was not so we had to save that drive for another trip.
The wi-fi was complimentary, service was excellent, room was beautiful, the only thing I found lacking: needed more outlets. This is a place where you will find joy to the spirit and harmony to the soul.

Room Tip: Room 14...a very special place.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

For our California trip we decided to drive from San Francisco down to Carmel for a night. After reviewing some of the hotels the Tickled Pink Inn caught my eye. The views from this hotel seemed spectacular. A bit of advice, if it's foggy (and for us that became a daily expectation) you may not have the view. When we first arrived we were welcomed with warm cookies - a sweet touch. The first thing I did when we got to our room was look for our view, which sadly was fog. The next morning though we did get a fantastic view! We enjoyed our champagne out on the balcony and met a seagull. The seagull actually interacts with you and you find yourself in conversations with him (or her?). At first we thought maybe the seagull just liked us, but later after reading in the room diary (another sweet touch) other guests had met this seagull as well. Honestly even without the view this is a very personal hotel, with great sentimental touches. The cons: it is a drive to carmel, there's another hotel that practically sits on top of this one, and the staff although nice may be a little snobby. I don't know how to describe it (and maybe it was because of our age?); but both my fiance and I almost felt a little judged on arrival. This didn't bother us, we didn't intend to have them stay in our room after all :); but for some this may be an issue.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband chose this hotel from the Tripadvisor reviews. I thought it looked nice from the photos, but the decor is a little fussy for my taste. So I wasn't expecting that much, but was looking forward to good views. Well, I still don't love the decor, but the rest of this sweet little inn won me over. First, the view we had was incredible. The hwy runs in front of the hotel, but it's down the hill so we hardly noticed it.
The location, nestled on a beautiful hillside 5 mins from Carmel-by-the-Sea, is wonderful. You are up high enough for great views, but it's an easy trip into town for dinner. It's also close to many great state parks, such as Point Lobos.
The hotel gives you a bottle of champagne when you check in. They also serve wine and cheese every evening. The included continental breakfast was delicious, and beyond the pastries and breads were mini egg soufflés and ham.
The inn is very clean and obviously well cared for. There are potted plants all around.The whirlpool area is new and has beautiful views and gardens around it. The eating area is also lovely, with an outdoor patio.
We also felt it was a good value for the area. The rates were reasonable compared to other hotels in Carmel. The breakfast, wine and cheese and champagne were all great. And if you order a bottle of the house wine from room service, it's $15. ONE drink at the Hyatt next door was $14!!!
Tickle Pink is directly next to the Hyatt Highlands Inn, which I thought about staying at, but it is much more expensive. The Hyatt is a 3 minute walk and definitely worth seeing. We had dinner in their spectacular bar, which is just above the restaurant, so you have the same views. So, my advice is: stay at the Tickle Pink, eat dinner at the Hyatt, enjoy the beautiful views! I have been California dreaming' ever since.

Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We took the Rt 1 trip up from LA to San Francisco. One of our stops was The Tickled Pink Inn. It was the BEST! A warm welcome when we arrived and warm cookies! A friendly helper bringing up our bags who, when we said we prefer wine over champagne for the welcome bucket said "no problem"!!!

The afternoon wine and cheese, the morning paper with a super continental breakfast and spectacular view!!

It is the view! Wow - we enjoyed sitting on the deck off of our room and wondered at the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. On a cool evening I had the chance to enjoy the hot tub. Easy to get to Carmel downtown and lovely to walk the local neighborhood and great restaurant next door.

When we left, again a very friendly receptionist who gladly stepped outside and took a vacation photo.

Our only regret - we did not stay longer.

L&D

Room Tip: It is worth to pay extra to have a direct view of the Ocean views!
Van Buren, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I got married on the balcony of our room at the Tickle Pink. While this place was expensive, it was the most beautiful hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff was incredibly helpful and the room was immaculate. We were upgraded to one of the Jacuzzi suites upon arrival and everything about the room was perfect.

My wife and I will return here as much as possible.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The only thing close is another hotel. Five winding miles to Carmel. Lots of stairs. Staff reluctant to help with baggage. Stayed in two different rooms. The regular guest room was nice enough if you didn't mind hearing people walk overhead. The upstairs suite was lovely. No safes. Wine and cheese only O.K. and expanded buffet breakfast just so-so. Views are terrific. I have T-Mobil and didn't have any cell phone service. I would not go there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mike K, Manager at Tickle Pink Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
We regret that this guest would not wish to stay with us again. We are very sorry and apologize for not having met their standards/requirements.

It is our policy to help guests with their luggage and we apologize that our staff appeared reluctant when offering assistance. We can assure you that issue has been addressed and resolved. On a more positive note, we will be adding safes and introducing a new expanded continental breakfast line-up this winter! We are excited...and are sure that this guest would be too!
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed last week. Between my boyfriend and I, we have stayed at a lot of places and seen many of views. As we walked in, my boyfriend looked at me and said, "Well, this is the best view of anywhere I have ever stayed". Enough said.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are great. we stayed in a king suite room 34...awesome.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tickle Pink Inn? Share your experiences!