“Some honeymoon we had.......” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mission Ranch
You added Mission Ranch to your Saves list
26270 Dolores Street, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Some honeymoon we had.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were married on 11.11.2014 in Coronado, California and drove up the coast to Carmel by the Sea to stay at the Mission Ranch owned by Clint Eastwood. We checked in after dark for 2 nights. After taking our luggage up to our bungalow #19 we went to the restaurant housed in another building. We were seated quickly, however our waitress, when she finally arrived seemed rattled/spacey she asked what we wanted as the menus were on the table, delivered by the person who seated us. We said we'd like to order cocktails and appetizers. She took the order picked up our menus and walked away! We had not ordered our entree! WOW! When she delivered our drinks and the appetizers we asked could we see the menus to order our dinner. She said something to the effect of "I didn't realize you were ordering more", my response was "you didn't ask us". So disappointed with the service, especially after an 8 hour drive from San Diego to get there. Little did we know the dinner experience was just the beginning. We went to our room, slept and woke up to the sound of children yelling etc. Wonder of wonders.....we went over to our #19 room and looked out towards the ocean and below us
was a running track with a soccer field in the middle and a fenced in area "eye sore" for the children to play in. Gee if you go to their website there are no pictures of the school grounds!! DECEPTIVE!! When we left about noon that day to go into Carmel. I stopped at the office and spoke with a dark haired gentleman with a mustache and said this was unacceptable and not shown in the pictures on line. . He said next time we should stay at the other end of the ranch. When we checked out the following day the woman who checked us out was very pleasant, but said she didn't usually work at the desk, but Mr. Eastwood donated the property next door a couple of years ago to the city of Carmel for the school. I'm sure there was a nice tax break there for Mr. Eastwood, that's business and I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is deceptive pictures of the property, especially the view from our room on line. It is shot in such a way so the school area is not visible. I'm disappointed that an "Inn" with no room service, no bell men, has the nerve to charge me 300.00 (before all the taxes) to stay in a room overlooking a school track, soccer field and fenced in "eye sore". I'm disappointed the office staff were what I would call "non-pulsed" by our not being happy with the situation. I called twice after we returned home from our honeymoon and no one returned my call, I responded to the survey I was sent almost 2 weeks ago and no response. #1 it was our honeymoon and #2 I own an event management company and I wouldn't book one of my groups there. The employees need to go down to the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and take some lessons in client care. We were there for our wedding and stayed there 4 nights. There is no comparison, we went from a 10 to a 3.

Room Tip: As far away from the school as possible. I have a photograph from our balcony and will add it in the...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great place to stay or come have drink
The grazing sheep, mountains and ocean all add to the ranch setting
Have a black sheep at the bar, delightful
The rooms are good but a little small in farm house
The restaurant was decent
The bar scene is great though
We walked into town, which is easy walk
But I'm a power walker, so be check distance first

• Stayed November 2014
Palos Verdes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our latest stay was our second at Mission Ranch. For many years we enjoyed the warm, friendly atmosphere of Mission Ranch restaurant and only last year decided to stay on the property. The room we chose for both stays was 22 in the meadow view triplex. The rooms are old, rustic but very well maintained, comfortable and warm. Our room overlooked the meadow with sheep grazing in the pasture and offered a magnificent view of the sunset off Point Lobos. As always the food at the restaurant is superb. The staff, many of whom have been there for decades, are friendly and efficient. My only issue was the bed's pillows which I found either too firm or too soft. Otherwise the accommodations are fantastic. We plan on returning again next year.

Room Tip: Meadow view rooms are very nice
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The Mission Ranch is charming! Some of the fixtures are old (we had two different hotel rooms) - but clean and nicely appointed. The feel is bucolic, beautiful sweeping views with the sheep grazing...yes and one black sheep too. We opened our sliding door in the morning and they were outside our deck. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The bar was hopping, people singing and having a good time. Restaurant wasn't bad either. Overall, we had a nice stay and will be back.

Room Tip: We drove into Carmel because of weather. You could take a nice walk - but it would have been long...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

...i had to get online and share my disappointment for having spent a day at mission ranch in carmel. was poorly received by the personnel. they charged me 2 nights yet i only stayed one (had a 2 night reservation but couldn't make it the first night due to professional emergency, not only the hotel did not want to consider this last minute work emergency, they even gave me a hard time about it, having an attitude while talking to me). besides, the rooms are old and not well maintained..there are other places along the coast that are way nicer for the same price

Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

When the weather is good there is not much better than sitting on the deck of the Mission Ranch restaurant out back looking over the meadow to the ocean. We found the rooms to be nice and clean with everything we needed. We stayed in the basic room in the barn which is very affordable in Carmel terms and the room was pretty large. The restaurant and bar are very fun after dark but they also close early enough to let the place quiet down for sleeping. You can walk into town from here - it's a healthy walk but totally doable. You can also easily walk down to the beach.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in the first week of November. We stayed in a king size room on the second floor. What a great view of the sheep grazing area and also of the water and beach a short distance away. And, an easy walk to the Carmel Mission.
Our room was spacious and nicely appointed. It was a warm day, so we opened the sliding glass door, opened a couple of windows and turned on the overhead fan (which was so nice and quiet!) and the room became comfortable again.
I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mission Ranch? Share your experiences!