“It made my day.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mission Ranch
You added Mission Ranch to your Saves list
26270 Dolores Street, Carmel, CA 93923   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Carmel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“It made my day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

It actually made my week that I stayed there. I visited mission ranch, just over a year ago and it was excellent. I did not know exactly what to expect, I went there mainly because of Clint Eastwood. But let me tell you, from the rooms, the staff, the scenery, the meadows, the location were excellent. I was so pleased but the best part is the food, I don't know where they bring it from and how the heck they can produce so much, but man the food was unreal. I like to eat, and love meat, but I have never had it as good as Mission Ranch.

People who are not staying there, go to the restaurant and you have such a variety of dishes. And yes if you feel lucky, there is a chance you could meet the man himself. Where my room was, I parked behind the truck used in Bridges of Madison County and next to Inspector Harry Callahan's sedan in " The Dead Pool" How cool is that?
The whole place is really top notch and to borrow a line from a non Eastwood film," I'll be back"

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We chose the Mission Ranch over several other Carmel properties, and I'm glad we did.

The location was perfect -- on the edge of town (yes, you can walk it), but not in the center of the action. The room was huge -- upstairs, in one of the Meadowview triplex buildings, great bathroom. The view was spectacular -- mountains, ocean, and sheep. The food was delicious -- continental breakfast (which is all we eat anyway), and a bustling dining room/patio for dinner. The grounds were well-kept -- we were there in early May, and everything was in full bloom. And the staff was great -- every question was answered, every request was handled professionally.

It's not for everyone -- the vibe is relaxed and authentic, not precious or trying to hard to be chic and romantic. But if you're looking for an understated, yet upscale place in Carmel, this one deserves a look. (One example of that? Clint Eastwood stood next to us at the bar one night. No one bothered him. And he waited for his table like everyone else.)

We've stayed in other Carmel properties. But this just become our favorite spot.

Room Tip: We specifically asked for an upstairs room in one of the Meadowview triplex buildings. Huge room/ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
attleboro, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Arrived at Mission Ranch and did not want to leave! We booked one night in the Hayloft and it was much more than we expected. The grounds were breathtaking. Once we pulled into the grounds we made a decision to unwind and hang out until we had to check out the next day. The flowers were in full bloom and the grounds were meticulous. We had dinner at the restaurant and were seated in a corner table with a view of the sunset, perfect. The only downfall was we didn't get to see Clint! We had booked 2 more nites in Carmel and were very disappointed in our 2nd choice of accommodations. We wished we had moved to one of the smaller rooms and stayed for all three nites. I thought we would want to be downtown within walking distance of the shops, restaurants, etc. but in hindsight we would have rather stayed at the ranch. Definite 5 star and we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Hayloft was very roomy and comfy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The setting is wonderful, grounds are beautiful and the view lovely. Love the sheep with the ocean beyond. The rooms are clean and comfortable, a feel good place. We stayed in the Farmhouse which was quaint with a large common parlor. There seemed be internet access everywhere. Nice restaurant and bar.

Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very quaint, quiet, relaxing. The property is beautiful and the restored rooms are very comfy. The on site restaurant has a full menu and a heated patio overlooking the meadow of sheep and the water at a distance. Seemed a little far to walk for shopping.

Room Tip: No pool. Lots of options for accommodations.
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night in Carmel on our trip to CA. The Mission Ranch was a once in a lifetime experience. The grounds are beautiful and views are breathtaking. We stayed in RM 22 and it was immaculate. The bed was extremely comfortable and furnishings were tastefully eclectic. I would agree with a previous poster was said there is something rustic about the rooms but in a lovely way. The deck afforded us a fantastic view of the hills, the fields, and the ocean. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious! (Second only to the dinner we had the next night at the Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove.) The area is peaceful and quiet. The continental breakfast was disappointing. For the price of the rooms something better could be provided. Cold cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, processed pastries, and fruit (not fresh)... I'm certainly glad that we stayed at the Mission Ranch. It is a lovely place. But for us it was a one time thing. We did not leave thinking that we must come back here.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I needed a little break from work and some quiet. That is just what we received at the Mission Ranch. Our room #20 in the meadow triplex was spacious and quiet with a very nice view off of the back deck. The room looks a little like a cottage and a bit rustic - but the bedding and bed were both nice and very comfortable. The restaurant at the ranch does not take reservations and draws a large, happy crowd. At the front desk they told us to call the restaurant 1 hr before we wanted to eat. Called at 6 and walked in at 7pm. While others were being told it would be an hour wait - we were taken directly to a lovely table at the window. We enjoyed a fine meal with a view of the sheep in the meadow below. My only complaint for the Mission Ranch is the breakfast. I know this was free with our stay - but to serve ourselves from a very small and unattractive buffet on caffeteria style tables -INSIDE the tennis pro shop - just seemed really cheap. I think that Mission Ranch really needs to work on the breakfast service.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a view. There would be no point to staying here without the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mission Ranch? Share your experiences!