“Beautiful rooms and wonderful inn keepers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House Inn

You added Carriage House Inn to your Saves list
Carriage House Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Junipero between 7th & 8th Avenue, Carmel, CA 93921   |
Ranked #10 of 28 Carmel B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville
“Beautiful rooms and wonderful inn keepers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our California vacation and it was a wonderful place and a great value. The room was luxuriously decorated and the corner fireplace made for a very romantic ambience. We loved the breakfast delivered to the room each morning. The inn keepers were so helpful and friendly and provided us with perfect recommendations. They were very concerned with our satisfaction during our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I recently spent a long weekend in Carmel-By-The Sea and Carmel Valley to get some "me" time. I chose Carriage House Inn as the first stop in my travels. As a business owner I value the power of a great first impression. I was so pleased with my interaction by phone with Terry who was very gracious and chose the perfect room for me after hearing what my needs were. When greeted by Cathy I found she had the same pleasant demeanor and provided me with great info on dining and spa treatments. Helen, the evening innkeeper was also a delight and we had great conversation as I took advantage of the 4 to 7 pm wine and cheese time.

The sunny room was so inviting with windows on both sides of the extremely comfy bed (great linens!) and it included a window seat to lounge in and read next to the fireplace. I was informed that the snacks and beverages provided in the fridge and room were all complementary. What a treat! I visited a spa that was walking distance from the Inn and had a wonderful massage by Shakti at Signature Day Spa. In the morning the complementary breakfast was delicious, plentiful and brought to my door.

I will recommend Carriage House Inn to my friends and customers! I plan on coming back with my husband next time. Terry, you were right - a 1 night stay is not enough, I didn't want to leave. The perfect Carmel-By-The-Sea getaway!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is a small boutique hotel that is truly a four or five star hide-away in Carmel. Room decor and bathrooms are well-done. Bed and bedding was luxurious and comfortable. Room has a gas-fired log fireplace with a timer shut-off. Rooms include complementary snacks and beverages! The included breakfast is delivered to your room at the time specified in the morning. Included in breakfast is cereal, fresh croissants, an ample pot of very good coffee as well as freshly made queche if desired.

Cathy, the hotel host and manager is congenial and went out of her way to help explain and operate television controls.

The hotel is within walking distance of the entire downtown area. It is located two blocks off of Ocean Avenue. Very convenient with off street parking for the thirteen or so rooms of the complex. We are looking forward to retuning in the near future.

Room Tip: We liked our ground floor room.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The Carriage House Inn is a wonderful place to stay and exceeded our expectations. The location is very convenient. The “in room” breakfast delivered to your door was wonderful. We enjoyed the wine and cheese at Happy Hour every evening! The staff was courteous, friendly, and eager. They really went the extra mile to ensure our stay was the best. We had a “thank you” post card from the staff waiting in our mailbox when we arrived home!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

After a terrible experience at Wayside Inn next door we were moved to this hotel by corporate office. Although for additional fee...but the room we moved into was very romantic with beautiful windows all around, gas fireplace. What made it special was Terry the gentleman who gave us a tour of the room, checked us inn and gave us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. He was very charming! The breakfast brought to the room every morning was an awesome touch! and at night from 5 to 7 the inn holds a wind and cheese hour for its guests free of charge. We didn't take advantage of it but i think its pretty awesome! Location was perfect and central to everything. Thanks Carriage inn for coming to the rescue of our trip that started out pretty badly at Wayside Inn.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

This B&B offers comfort, charm, and lots of service. Breakfast is delivered to your room. Snacks in the room or the lobby are free. Wine & cheese, etc. are served each evening from 5-7pm. The staff is absolutely terrific. My husband had an allergic reaction to something (not from this hotel) and they helped get us to the emergency room, and seemed genuinely concerned for his health. We had contact with 3 separate staff members and each of them was helpful and went out of their way to make our trip a success.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ocean Gate, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

This is the second time we stayed at the Carraige House, it was even better then last year. Yes it has its little quirks etc. but not to many hotels make you feel at home. Snacks and drinks in the room included in tyhe price, a nice breakfast delivered to your room. The wine and cheese served at night, a movie available at the desk, books in the rooms. I really don't know what else you can ask for. The location of the hotel is also great, you can walk to as many resturants as you can count. The shops are also a very short walk away. It is not a family place, but Carmel doesn't seem to be a place for kids.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Carriage House Inn? Share your experiences!