We thoroughly enjoyed our one-night stay. They were not full for the weekend and I had called the prior Thursday morning, so they waived the two night minimum.
The room was simple, elegant and inviting. Everything was clean and in good repair. The staff was warm and helpful. The breakfast was nice: fresh fruit, quiche, yogurt, and granola. They serve afternoon tea also. I regret not sitting out by the fire pit. It looked inviting, but we got back from dinner too late for further entertainment.
The best part is the location. They are a block from the beach; walk down the stairs and you find yourself on the south end. Walk a mile along the beach and you find yourself on the north end and blocks from downtown.
I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Inn Carmel Hotel Carmel
- Sandpiper Inn Carmel Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like being a house guest in someone's exclusive seaside home. This early California country style inn, established in 1929, boasts of ocean views and the sounds of the surf crashing on the soft sand of Carmel Beach. Enjoy the serene comfort in one of our cozy rooms, by the fire in our fireside lounge, or outside on one of our garden patios. The Sandpiper Inn is the perfect getaway for the romantic couple or for those that just want to get away from the daily grind and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandpiper Inn Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.