A short block away from the crashing waves and white sand beach and close to the downtown shops and restaurants of Carmel, this inn is the perfect spot for visitors to the area. We arrived very late in the evening, having driven through some heavy rain on unfamiliar highways. A member of the staff waited to greet us and make sure we were comfortably lodged for the night. We were most grateful for that courtesy. We ended up staying two nights at The Sandpiper, heading out for a day trip around Carmel and Monterey, returning in the evening to the Great Room at the Inn to enjoy a drink by the fireplace. The neighbourhood where the inn is located is quiet, charming and architecturally very interesting. Very inviting for a stroll. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast both mornings. The friendly and helpful staff at the Sandpiper made our stay most enjoyable. Hoping to return one day.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Inn Carmel Hotel Carmel
- Sandpiper Inn Carmel Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like being a house guest in someone's exclusive seaside home. This early California country style inn, established in 1929, boasts of ocean views and the sounds of the surf crashing on the soft sand of Carmel Beach. Enjoy the serene comfort in one of our cozy rooms, by the fire in our fireside lounge, or outside on one of our garden patios. The Sandpiper Inn is the perfect getaway for the romantic couple or for those that just want to get away from the daily grind and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandpiper Inn Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.