My husband and I stayed for two nights in the "Iris" room at the $134 introductory rate, which we found to be quite a steal for such a charming place in notoriously expensive Carmel.
1. Service was the best we've ever encountered, and we have visited a lot of B&Bs over the years.
2. Breakfast was fantastic. The coffee was great, which is not a frequent find in such situations. The homemade granola touted on the website was delicious, as were the varying breakfast offerings also made in-house (we had frittata, cornbread, blueberry coffee cake, and pumpkin-chocolate chip breakfast bread).
3. Location was wonderful--just a few blocks away from Ocean Avenue. We were far enough away that we weren't bothered by passersby but close enough to everything that we used our car only once, to go to the beach with full gear.
4. The room was decorated very nicely and stayed quite cool thanks to the old-fashioned crank-style windows. We didn't get a chance to use the fireplace, but it looked like it would have been lovely.
1. I believe the Inn is in the process of replacing the beds and hasn't quite gotten around to the Iris room yet. The mattress felt like it was not very secure on the bedframe, and my husband's side of the bed sloped downward. He felt a bit like he was rolling off.
2. There was a loud noise in our room each morning (somewhere around 5-6am, I'd guess) that sounded like a very tight faucet being opened and closed. It woke us up each time out of deep sleep. There was no other guestroom directly behind our bed, so I'm not sure where it came from.
3. The pillows on the bed were pretty uniformly firm, though there 6 to choose from. I would have liked at least 2 pillows to be a little softer for us side- and stomach-sleepers.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. We will definitely return and hope that the few minor issues mentioned will be fixed so that our next review will be five stars! The innkeepers are so obviously enthusiastic regarding their guests' comfort that I'm sure our next stay will be even better than this one.