“Stumbled into....loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
“Stumbled into....loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We were in Carmel and were really hungry. It was one of the first places we found. And what a find! Wonderful hospitality. We ordered the gyro and hummus. The gyro was amazing! We would order it again. The hummus was average but the warm pita bread was a nice complement. The atmosphere is cozy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“True Mediterranean Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I took my new fiancé here for a special birthday dinner, and Dametra's staff made sure that it was unforgettable.

The service was attentive, several staff members came by to congratulate us and wish her a happy birthday, and the food was excellent.

I would recommend Dametra's to anyone looking for a warm, delicious restaurant in the Carmel area. Thanks again for making it a memorable evening!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“yep we got what the reviews were all about :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

we got a last minute reservation and thought the food yummy. The shrimp and crab ravioli very veyr nice. But what makes this place is that even just being there for about 1 hour we could tell just how hard they work and how much they want to please their guests. We read this was the place that the other carmel chefs went to on their way home.We see why

Visited September 2013
Houston,Texas
“Oooh so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had chicken kabob with lemon sauce and loved. it. The dressing on the salad was delicious. I wish I had some of the Baba Ghanouj right now - YUM! And excellent baklava. I would have been happy to spend the entire day just sitting there and eating myself silly. Will definitely eat there anytime I'm in Carmel. The wait staff is very good as well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sonoma Ca.
“I know now why it's rated #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sometimes you wonder how a restaurant is rated so high! Simple, Food, Service and Experience! Food was outstanding! I had the Lamb Shank with the Potatoes Au Gratin and Veggies, Dametra Salad and Hummus and Pita. Wow! Excellent! Service, let's just say that everyone that worked in the restaurant came over to check on us to make sure everything was satisfactory! I mean everyone! Experience, the surprise music which got every female including my wife out of the seat dancing in the aisles was awesome! Guitars, drums, tambourines! They are incredible how they play the instruments and sing. But what I liked most was when you left you felt like family saying goodbyes! They make sure you feel that way! It's pretty awesome! My wife and I thank you!

Visited September 2013