“yep we got what the reviews were all about :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 152 restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
London
“yep we got what the reviews were all about :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

we got a last minute reservation and thought the food yummy. The shrimp and crab ravioli very veyr nice. But what makes this place is that even just being there for about 1 hour we could tell just how hard they work and how much they want to please their guests. We read this was the place that the other carmel chefs went to on their way home.We see why

Visited September 2013

92% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston,Texas
“Oooh so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had chicken kabob with lemon sauce and loved. it. The dressing on the salad was delicious. I wish I had some of the Baba Ghanouj right now - YUM! And excellent baklava. I would have been happy to spend the entire day just sitting there and eating myself silly. Will definitely eat there anytime I'm in Carmel. The wait staff is very good as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sonoma Ca.
“I know now why it's rated #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sometimes you wonder how a restaurant is rated so high! Simple, Food, Service and Experience! Food was outstanding! I had the Lamb Shank with the Potatoes Au Gratin and Veggies, Dametra Salad and Hummus and Pita. Wow! Excellent! Service, let's just say that everyone that worked in the restaurant came over to check on us to make sure everything was satisfactory! I mean everyone! Experience, the surprise music which got every female including my wife out of the seat dancing in the aisles was awesome! Guitars, drums, tambourines! They are incredible how they play the instruments and sing. But what I liked most was when you left you felt like family saying goodbyes! They make sure you feel that way! It's pretty awesome! My wife and I thank you!

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading the reviews, my husband and I had lunch this past weekend. The Cafe is a small restaurant and a wine bar next door which is all part of Dametra Cafe. Luckily we were in the wine bar area which is less crowded and quieter. The food was average and the wine list was adequate. We started with the hummus and pita bread. It was good but not stellar. I had the lamb shank which was recommended by the waitress. Again, it was good but I wouldn't think of returning for these dishes. The bathroom is in the kitchen. Since they are so busy, there is always a line of people waiting for the one bathroom and you feel like you are in the way of the waiters going back and forth. Not really sure everything is to code back there. I will explore other restaurants the next time I go to Carmel.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Schwarma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here twice in 3 days. The Schwarma was fantastic. The atmosphere was crowded but welcoming. The proprietor was gregarious and generous with wine samples. Loved it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere