“Excellent Greek / Med cuisine in Carmel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 151 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
South Florida, Florida
“Excellent Greek / Med cuisine in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wonderful meal and vibrant atmosphere. Excellent wine list. But it's the staff and overall warm feeling in this cozy Carmel restaurant that give it those 5 stars. Go and enjoy!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Nothing but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

You will not regret coming to this place. One who knows what good Mediterranean food is knows what I'm talking about! Service is warm, with greetings throughout..of note Meat and chicken is verytender and tasteful... I tried their istanbul kebab, spanakopita and they were just yummm.......I had such a nice time that I wish they opened a sister branch in San Diego!! Love it. They are indeed doing a great job!!

Monterey, California
“Great Food with Amazing Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of our go to restaurants in Carmel! The food is amazing and you won't be disappointed. They do not take reservations for lunch b/c it is a little bit easier to get in during the day. If you go at night be sure to make reservations as the place is extremely cozy. They also have live music and if you're lucky to catch it you'll love it! If you are a Greek food snob then this is the place to try the Spanakopita appetizer which is amazing! The plates (various) kinds come with rice and the most amazing little salad! Don't miss this place!

• Visited June 2013
California
“Dametra in Carmel Ca”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited to visit Dametra since it was rated #1 on tripadvisor (the website had yet to steer me wrong!). I made our dinner reservations a few months ahead and I was disappointed to be sat in the very center of the restaurant. We asked for a different table and we were out in the other side of the restaurant. There are two sides, one is crowded but lively with nice spots near the window. The other side is brighter and feels less Mediterranean. We were ok being in the quieter side. Our server was great and helpful with the menu. But honestly the good was just ok, not what we were expecting.the bruschetta was very good. There were two of us dining and the order came with just one pie e per person. I had a grilled veggie salad as my entree and the veggies were floppy and soggy. We had an amazing bottle of wine and no dessert. The service was great but I do not think I'd dive here again since I've had better meals.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best Greek food so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband are big foodies and we love Mediterranean .this is Definetely one of the best Mediterranean food we have tried yet .great ambience .aweosme location .reminded us of small European restaurants . Keep up the good work :)