“Fun shops” 5 of 5 stars

Westmount, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Fun shops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great variety of shops including a Christmas shop and a sock and candle shop. I always find something to take home as a gift in this little arcade.

Visited March 2013

Carmel, California
37 attraction reviews
“Hidden delight - crafts shops and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

A hidden mall off Ocean Avenue with crafts and other shops - not your normal tourist shops - with a great open restaurant, Carmel Belle.

Visited March 2013
Central California
“Best place to buy gifts in Carmel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Peppercorn? It hasn't even existed for years. The Doud Arcade is my favorite place to shop for unique gifts for friends and family. The Carmel Hat Company has a huge assortment of wonderful hats, The Sock Shop has a zillion unique socks and candles, Robin's Jewelry sells all original, beautiful handmade jewelry by Robin, La Belle Carmel and Aw Shucks have great food. I don't remember all the other shop names, but I can always find something original there and enjoy the experience as well. It is designed like a little village unto itself, welcoming and pleasant. I often go to La Belle Carmel for chai or lunch, then wander through the shops to see what's new.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Owner of The Peppercorn Outright Uncivil and Unfriendly to Families”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2002

When my husband and I entered this store (my husband was pushing our daughter in her stroller) the owner ran over started cursing saying to "get the hell out of my store" something about having a sign outside prohibiting strollers (didn't see this). I told the man he was rude and obviously didn't need our business. Also, my husband (who is French) said the French pottery there was a big rip-off! I can see a shopowner being concerned about a customer breaking something but that gives this man no right to run over and start swearing at us. The whole time my embarassed husband tried to exit the store the man had a look of sheer disgust and contempt on his face.