“Eat at this Place, you won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BlueFire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 286 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: El Camino Real at La Costa Avenue
Los Angeles, California
“Eat at this Place, you won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Food was decadent. Lamb was just about the best I have ever had. The service was attentive and patient but very thorough.

Visited February 2013

Half Moon Bay, California
“Good Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited while staying at resort. Food was very good and nice atmosphere.husband had jambalaya type fish dish, I had skirt steak all delicious.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mason, Ohio
“BlueFire for breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Breakfast and lunch were buffet for our group. Every meal was excellent. Fresh food, cooked very well and good selection. Service was very good also.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Pricey but nice New Year's Eve dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a nice New Year's Eve dinner here from the set 4 course menu. While the main entrees were very good (I had the duck and husband had steak), the starters were actually the best part. There was only one dessert option which looked beautiful, but only tasted average. Despite a set menu, the food tasted like it was individually prepared fresh, rather than mass produced. Overall, I felt it was pricey for what you get.

Visited January 2013
Temecula, California
“Good Family Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to Bluefire with our two young boys on our last night at La Costa. The hostess and wait staff were friendly and accommodating, and the ambiance inside the restaurant was cozy. Unfortunately, it was cool and the patio was not open for dining. My kids were excited to sit by the fire, which would have given the restaurant a few bonus points. I had the pasta ragu that someone mentioned was bland, but I found it to be quite tasty and portioned perfectly. My husband had the swordfish, and the kids were happy with their usual mac and cheese. We were pleased to meet the chef when he came out to ask how we liked our meals. All in all, it was what I expected, and a good option for a nice dinner at La Costa. I just wish that patio would have been open!

• Visited November 2012