“Great hotel within walking distance of Legoland” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad
Atlanta
“Great hotel within walking distance of Legoland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a perfect spot to stay and visit Legoland. My husband, and I, and our 3 year old son, enjoyed the accommodations. The rooms are nice (love the mini fridge in the room for my chocolate milk drinker), the pool and grounds are lovely, and best of all, there is a separate walking entrance to Legoland from the property. In particular, I was impressed and grateful that housekeeping was so thorough and honest that when we checked out and my husband realized he forgot his wedding band - we were able to recover it promptly. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: If you're going to Legoland, ask for a room close to the lobby (for proximity). Otherwise, ask...
Green Features: Be as green as you like (with towels, sheets, etc.).
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for the Wonderful Review! The Sheraton Carlsbad is the place to stay when you are visiting LEGOLAND or the surrounding areas. It’s a short train ride into San Diego or Anaheim to catch Mickey Mouse and Friends. We are very fortunate have our own private entrance into LEGOLAND, it makes it very convenient when you have little ones that need a nap or a break in the middle of the day. Our housekeeping staff are truly amazing and work very hard to ensure all of our guest have a clean and comfortable stay. We hope that you will continue to make Sheraton Carlsbad your home when traveling to the area.
Enjoy Your Summer!
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We tried to stay at Legoland Hotel again but couldnt get a room. I remembered seeing on the map that the Sheraton is also attached. it worked out pretty well for us with 5 year old kids. Less fun but more adult and less chaotic. We got the coastal view (distant but decent) room. It is about a 10 min walk to the park, so a stroller helps

The beds were comfy. Balcony was teeny but able to leave the sliding door open for an ocean breeze at night. Toiletries were subpar (cheap shampoo and no Qtips). service was very good but the check in area is weirdly set up and they need at least one more helper there. The biggest problem is that there is only one restaurant on the premises. The food is good but it is good that this hotel is well located by many restaurants. Overall it is a decent choice if you're going to Legoland.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Carlsbad as your place to stay. I do hope the family enjoyed their time in our city. I am glad that you were able to relax and unwind at the resort after a day at LEGOLAND. A 5 year old can sure take a lot out of you. If only we could bottle their energy. If your travels bring you back come see us on a weekend when we have movies at the pool every Friday and Saturday nights during the summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We are currently staying at the Sheraton, Carlsbad...and having an amazing experience! The resort is fun, beautiful, and family-friendly (although we are here on our first kid-free vacation in a year). Upon check-in, we met a pleasant and energetic young woman named Sara. We frequent resorts and hotels (although often with our little ones), and have rarely met someone as customer oriented and eager to please guests as Sara. She just wanted us to have the most pleasant experience with the Sheraton that we could possibly have. I often think that if companies hired and promoted employees that treat their business as if it was their own, they could build a legacy. Taking this theory, the Sheraton should promote this remarkable young lady. We spoke to the manager on site at the Sheraton and she advised that the only way to give Sara compliments within the corporation was to get on tripadviser.com. Though I feel it would be great to have a better internal system to promote amazing service, I am following the protocol and posting this to tripadvisor. I hope that Sheraton recruits more employees that can deliver the personal touches, hospitality and service like Sara was able to provide for us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful complements about Sara. She is one of new team members this summer and she is knocking it out of the park. She is a true example of what hospitality is about. We strive as a team to make each guest stay a memorable one. We hope to see you and your family back again soon.
Warm Regards,
Mishawaka, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton in May 2014 because it was so close to LEGOLAND. It is close and the hotels and grounds are beautiful, however the staff was horrible. We had problems with the guests above us being extremely loud. We complained, nothing was done. They charged us twice for parking, we only had 1 vehicle. It took them forever to figure that out. Now we just found out, they just charged us another $200 two months later? No one seems to know why and no one knows how to fix it. Save yourself the trouble and headache, stay somewhere else...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire team at Sheraton we are so sorry to learn of your experience. I would love the opportunity to fix your bill and look into your concerns I may be reach at mconner@sheratoncarlsbad.com. We never want our guest to leave unhappy or feeling as though the hotel did not exceed your expectations. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed June 23rd - 26th
When I arrived, the bellman/valet came out to greet me. I told him that I was meeting my husband inside and that once we found out if our room was ready, we would park the car. He said, no problem and to just leave the keys with him.
Our room was not ready, so they took down our information and told us they would call once it was. We went to lunch and upon our return, our room was ready.
The room was beautiful (huge bathroom which is always a plus when traveling with kids). It had plenty of room for us, our two older children (one is 16), our two year old, and even had a balcony with a view of the ocean and Legoland (which the kids loved).
We had requested a crib when making the reservation and were told at check in that the crib would be brought right up and it was.
When I went to put things away in the fridge, I noticed that it was not cold and had some extra water on the back shelf.
My daughter and I headed down to Twenty/20 for some Shirley-temples and upon our return to the room, my husband mentioned to one of the bellmen that our fridge was not cold and had some extra water on the back shelf. He asked if we could have someone come up and look at it.
We could not have been in our room more than 5 minutes before another fridge was brought up. This fridge worked and was cold in minutes...loved his "can do" attitude.
The private path down to Legoland was a HUGE plus. It allowed us to come back for lunch, bring the toddler up for naps, and allowed the teenager to come and go from Legoland without my worrying.
I have very high expectations while traveling and I cannot think of anything that I would have changed with this trip.
Cannot wait to go back just my husband and me!

PS
The food and service at Twenty/20 was wonderful. We did not have anything we did not like. Thanks again to Chris the restaurant manager for making me feel “normal” and even relaxed after a very tiring day at Legoland with a cranky toddler.

Room Tip: Paying the extra money for a view of the ocean/Legoland is worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
What a great Review!!! We are glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay and experience with the Sheraton Carlsbad. We aim to be the best of the best. The hotel is in a great location for the families such as yourself that want to travel back and forth between the LEGOLAND. We hope that you will continue to make us your home when in Carlsbad.
All the Best,
Roseville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference. The location is just a few miles East off the 5 fwy, be alert to find the road and entrance to what I call resort row. One could easily pass the entrance. The valet staff greeted me when I pulled up to check in, they opened my door and allowed me to leave the car while I checked in.

The lobby is an open area with a direct view to the pool area. A nice touch is the lack of a big bulky front desk, there are two stations that minimize the clutter. The concierge desk if just off to the right and also not obtrusive. Hard screens shield the tech center to the left, a great area to print a boarding pass or check your next destination.

The young lady that processed my check in was pleasant, courteous and provided a good overview of the resort. I went back to my vehicle to drive to my building, again the valet staff opened the car door for me a very nice touch. There is self serve parking under the building in proximity to the room, this is an awesome option.

The halls are clean with excellent lighting, easy to read numbers and simple access to elevators. My room was about the middle of the row of rooms, a swipe of my key card and I was in a double bed room. Being the conference folks booked my room, I cannot complain that I did not receive a king bed. I did return to the front desk before I unpacked to inquire if I could change to a king room and was informed the resort was booked. No problem.

The room was spacious with simple but stylish furnishings, the restroom was large with nice amenities. I was on the first floor with a view of the back of the property. It was not the worse view I have ever had in my travels. So here is one pet peeve I have; if a hotel adopts the resort title please use a screen under the desk to cover up the wires. When one goes into the horizontal position all the wires are visible, very unsightly. In the shower, invest in a shelf other than a cheap wire soap holder. Just saying in my mind, I'm at a resort paying resort prices pay a bit more attention to details.

The Twenty/20 Wine Bar and Grill provided a nice dining area as well as breakfast. I had the privilege to enjoy my breakfast on the patio with an ocean view. Yeah, the ocean is at a distance but still an ocean view. I was part of a conference which provided the opportunity to use the facilities. The conference staff were accommodating and friendly, the food was surprisingly good and the facilities well suited for a conference.

The draw for this resort is the proximity to Legoland with a private entrance. There were a lot of children, but the noise level was mellow. I heard the footstep of the room above and the muffled voices of my neighbors. The fitness facility is better than most resorts, I really did appreciate the cleanliness of the fitness room.

Overall, if I did not have business in the area I probably would not come back for no other reason that we do not have children and I prefer to be closer to the beach. However, this is a very nice resort and highly recommend this to families and event planners.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while on business. The summer months in Carlsbad do bring a number of families to the resort. We do appreciate your for feedback about the room, it is important to hear from our guest as we are not the ones that experience it as you do. I will be speaking with our engineering team to see if we can’t find a solution for the cords. I hope that your experience in Twenty/20 Restaurant will bring you back when you are in the area. It is a great patio to dine on for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here a single night, June 29. As SPG members we’ve stayed at numerous Sheraton properties and we’ve never been disappointed. We chose this property because of its proximity to the Crossings at Carlsbad golf course where my wife enjoys their Sunday brunch offerings.

We actually arrived around 10am and tried to check-in. Naturally, nothing was available at that time. So they took our information and credit card and said they’d call us when our room was ready. During our brunch at the golf course, the phone rang at about 12 noon advising us our room was ready.

We arrived back around 1pm, picked up our keys and went to our room. Typical Sheraton. Very comfortable beds, well appointed room. Large bathroom. Small balcony with chairs that gave us a view of the ocean.

Yes, Legoland is across the street, so there are more children here than normal. The grounds are very nice. Took an early evening stroll to their restaurant, Twenty/20 Grill. Enjoyed some drinks and appetizers during happy hour. Also noticed they had a $10 kids buffet, so that when you come back from the park, the kids don’t have to sit and wait for food. We don’t have kids, but plenty of nieces and nephews and we thought that was a great idea.

The pool area has a ping pong table, foosball and an outdoor pool table for all to enjoy.

We would definitely return to this property if we find ourselves in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future. If you are bringing your niece and nephews we also offer daily youth activities and Dive In movies on the weekends during the summer months.

Been to Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!