“Nice Stay for Convention” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice Stay for Convention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed here 3 nights on a business trip to attend a convention that my company held in the meeting space at the Sheraton.The room was comfortable, large and clean, with a very large bathroom. The staff was very attentive, and quickly responded to any requests. Although I did not care for the food selections served for our lunches, I appreciated that the staff kept beverage and snacks readily available throughout the long days of meetings. One thing that did disappoint is that, after arriving late the first day and not really wanting a large dinner, we were told that the only option available was a restaurant serving heavy meals (e.g. prime rib). I decided to order room service, which was delivered quickly and was very good and offered the lighter selection that I was looking for. The valet parking is a nice feature, and on our last day en route to breakfast, the porters suggested that we leave our luggage, and upon returning to the valet stand after breakfast we found our rental car waiting on us and loaded with our luggage. It was the little details such as this that were appreciated. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write about your business experience. The Sheraton is an excellent facility to hold a convention with an amazing staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the resort and the restaurant while you were on property as well. I hope that you have an opportunity in the future to come back and relax poolside or at our Ocean Pearl Spa.
Warm Regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Nice hotel but a bit short on basement parking space. Room acceptable, service is alright. Love the resort feel of it.

Entry into legoland is nice although not as clise as i was led to believe. Check in was alright but rooms ready only at 1600..

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the Resort and your getaway. We look forward to the next one
All the best,
Cathedral City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is my first time here and I will definitely be back. I think the property is in a great location and was very conveniently located to all the business in the area. I really liked having the shuttle service and Jeff is the best!
As for the restaurant, it was a little pricey but the great service, food and patio with waterfall fireplace was totally worth it. Jason was my server and he was fast and flawless.
During my stay I would sometimes missed dinner and just go straight to their Corporate Connect Suite where I could always count on Tracy to take really good care of me. I was so impressed. As I walked in she would already have my table with beverage of choice just waiting for me. Made me feel really special. Also loved the morning girls Gina and Elizabeth. It's always nice to have great service with bright shiny faces so early in the morning.
As I departed Shelby was very pleasant with a nice smile as we said goodbye. Coming back for sure!

Room Tip: If your a business traveler you really need to upgrade to the corporate Connect Suite. It was my fav...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa as your place to stay while traveling. We are delighted that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to many returns. I was excited to read your comments to team at our last staff meeting and see all the elated faces.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Best hotel with the best service all the way around. The restaurant with Chris as the manager and his team of servers Morgan Kelly, Jason and Cambria all top notch.

Hospitality suit is an amazing service for Platinum guest and Tracy a perfect addition to the service level.

If you want to go anywhere it's just a Suttle away with Jeff and Juan to take you to any amazing restaurant in Carlsbad their professional and courteous

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! We are glad to have you stay with us and thank you for taking the time to mention such an amazing staff. They are the ones that make it all happen!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stay here often and this hotel really takes care of the guests. From Jeff in valet who will give you a ride to local restaurants to Tracy in the hospitality suite who makes sure you are always comfortable the service is first class. In the restaurant Kelly, Morgan and Cambria remember your name and are friendly as quick!!! Great place!

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the hotel. We are so please to have such great customers that continue to come back. It means a lot to the team when our guests take time out to write about their experiences and mention our associate’s names. We look forward to many return visits.
All the best in 2014,
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I loved my stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa in Carlsbad Ca. From the time I pulled up to vallet till the time I left I was treated very well. Jeff in vallet was very curtious and had a great sence of hummor. When I had dinner at the 20/ Twenty I absolutely loved the ombiance. was by far the best I've ever seen!. Then to finish off my long day at work I could always count on seeing Traci in the Grand Pacific Suite to take great care of me with her above and beyound attitude. LOVE THE SHERATON!

Room Tip: I really liked my room! My room had a great little balcony with a view overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Awesome Review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our followers. We are pleased that you have chosen Sheraton as your place to stay while you are in Carlsbad. I will be sure to share your comments with Traci and Jeff, they are both amazing and we are lucky to have them on your team.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very nice a hotel and a great location. The staff was rude and condescending and treated me like I was the problem for asking them for anything. Only spoke to them a few times and that was for towels that were not left in my room (after multiple calls), trying to locate a bag they were to be storing and could not find, and to have the smokers next door asked to stop.

For the cost and attitude, I would expect a much better experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel grounds. However, I am cannot express how sorry I am that you experience horrible service from our team. I have reviewed your comments with our Leadership Team. There is never an excuse when we do not exceed our guest expectations. We will be using this as a couching tool in our daily line ups. It is important for our team to hear our areas of opportunity so that we may better server you in the future. We do hope that we another opportunity to server you in the future.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!