“Theresa, Linda, William and all staff amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Winnipeg, Canada
“Theresa, Linda, William and all staff amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The beds were fantastic, the staff were five star and went above and beyond for us in order to please us. This was such a wonderful experience that I plan on staying here again very soon while looking for a winter home in Carlsbad.

Room Tip: ask not to be next to children if you want complete quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
5 Stars for Theresa, Linda, William! Thank you for recognizing the team they love to see their names in lights. Bragging rights goes along way! . We look forward to calling you neighbor and a regular in Twenty/20. Best of luck on the house.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't particularly like the big box hotels but I'm glad I chose this one. Located on an assuming street behind the Legoland Park (to which it has a private access), it is a wonderful hotel with spacious rooms and bathrooms and comfortable beds with great linens . It has fabulous restaurant on the premises where everything was extremely fresh, especially the veggies. Our waiter was a fine wine connaisseur who steered us to a wonderful new wine when the one we requested was out after the first bottle. The service was just excellent. There were beautiful views all around the hotel which had beautiful landscaping. It had free Internet which is a pet peeve of mine regarding big box hotels who normally charge for it at outrageous rates. Other great features: underground parking and good ice machines. It is a good location even for the San Diego Zoo which is only a half hour away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We love the 5 STARS! Thank you! We are very lucky to be located in Carlsbad, steps from LEGOLAND, Short distance to the Zoo and a quick train ride to Disney. I have to stay we are a good hub for those families wanting to experience all that southern California has to offer. Again thank you for the wonderful comments, I will be sure to share with the team. We hope to see the family back soon.

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My global headquarters is close by so I used the free shuttle bus every day to the office. The staff were ultra-friendly and the breakfast and evening buffet and wine in the Concierge room were fabulous but I can see why some of the negative comments by families were made. Despite the hotel having a private entrance to Legoland it didn't seem particularly set up for children. However I will definitely be returning in the near future. Highly recommended

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your FIVE STAR REVIEW! We love to hear from our business travelers, we know that you are on the road and away from your families a lot. We hope that Sheraton Carlsbad can be your home away from home. We look forward to your return.
All the Best,
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have just completed a full week business trip and found my experience to be between very good and excellent. I would have given a 4.5 if I had the option! The good: everyone is super friendly and helpful from the front desk to the bell hops to the grounds crews. I had nothing but a pleasant and helpful interaction with everyone! I was staying in a corporate program so the wireless Internet was included and worked seamlessly and I also had access to the Grand Pacific Lounge for breakfast and Happy Hours which were both wonderful. More on breakfast in a minute. The grounds are very nicely maintained and in fact my room was so clean I honestly wondered if I was the first person to stay in the room!! The private access to Legoland is a bonus if you are traveling with family, which on this occasion I was not.

The negatives are relatively minor but I wanted to mention them... The hot tub which should be a source of relaxation and joy is overrun with children under the age of 5. It makes it harder to relax with kids kicking and splashing their pool noodles. I wish the adults had a kid free pool to enjoy! I also felt like it smelled of smoke in multiple locations. While the rooms are smoke free, when I sat on my balcony, folks above me were smoking in their balcony and I had to smell it. A smoke free grounds would not bother me one bit! The final item might seem petty so some but I take it seriously. I want to be more green and Eco friendly and Sheraton claims they do as well. However, when I hung the 'do not clean' tag someone always entered my room, repleshed my coffee and took the towels from the bathroom. On one occasion they changed the bed. If I had dropped the towels on the floor I would not have stated this, but my towels were hanging and I was fully prepared to use them again. To some this complaint is stupid, but I don't need a new towels and new sheets everyday and I desire my wishes to be honored.

All in all this is an excellent hotel and I plan to return again with my family in the near future!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our followers. We are delight to hear that you were well taken care of by our team. We strive be the best in the industry and recognize that your guest have choices when they travel. I have shared your wonderful comments with the staff. We have a program call make a green choice when you hang the tag on the door we will not change your sheets or provided new towels and you will receive a $5.00 food and beverage credit.

Warm Regards,
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa. What was most impressive was how well trained the staff was in treating customers right. An employee never walked past us without a polite comment, an offer to assist us, or a reference to a conversation we had the prior day. Every employee, from top to bottom could not have been more eager to assist us with anything we needed. We spoke with Ben a number of times and he always greeted us with a question which referenced a prior conversation with him. The concierge, and I forgot her name, was extremely polite, friendly and helpful. The recommendations for dinner were outstanding. The location is convenient to the highway and the beach is a short drive. I highly recommend this fine hotel. Clearly, the management is doing it's job in training a wonderful staff. Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW!!! We are so pleased that you had a fantastic stay. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the staff. They love to read the great reviews that our guests share about their interactions and the guest experience. We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and stay soon.
All The best,
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I will never stay here again. I made a comment on the hotels web site and this is the auto response. "In order to provide a breadth of feedback, we only post reviews after we've received at least five. Once this threshold is met, if approved, your review may take up to 48 hours to appear." I will never be back so you will only get one review from me. To start off my experience with the reservations was good. I paid for the room upfront but when I got there my reservation was lost and the response from the clerk was that I didn't have one. I told her that I have been charged for the room and gave her my reservation number. She told me that I spelled my name wrong. Funny how it was my fault when I called their reservation line. I was then told that she would need my credit card for a $50 damage deposit. I offended at this, but it was late and I had had a very long drive and let it go. If you must have my card number again call it running a hard copy of my card or something. I did not pay good money to be insulted. Also be aware that you will have about $45 in taxes and fees. I also found food on the floor in the room from a previous guest. When told about this no apology was ever given. Staying here was to be a surprise for my son, and was a lesson to me.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to learn of your experience at our hotel, there is never an excuse when we fail to provide our guests the level of customer service that is expected from a Starwood Property. I have shared your experience with Leadership Team and we will be using this to coach our team as we strive to be the best in our industry. I would love an opportunity to speak with you and I can be reached through email at mconner@sheratoncarlsbadresort and spa. Again I apologize and hope that we may have an opportunity to show you what our true hospitality is about
Redondo Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The best thing about it is the location. If you're going to visit Legoland, then Sheraton has it's own entrance into the park. It was a nice perk. The staff is friendly (front desk, hostess and waiter at 20/20). I'd like to give it a 3.5 to 4 stars. It's not a huge property and only has one restaurant. We ate there for breakfast. The staff was very nice, but it took a while before the food came out. They did go out of their way to bring some dessert for my son and his friends. I thought that was very sweet. Our breakfast order seemed to have gotten mxed up and it was returned and still wrong. I thought the room was average at best. Beds were comfortable, room was fairly clean. Our fridge was broken and had to be replaced, but they fixed it fairly quickly. Since it took time before the new fridge could get cold, our milk we bought for the kids went bad. When I woke up to get coffee from the Marketplace in the lobby, someone had thrown up in the hallway. Not the nicest thing to see in the morning. Overall, I think our family would come back to stay again. I think we just had some minor mishaps on our stay and I don't hold it against them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the resort and that the staff was eager to take care of you. I am sorry for the mishaps along the way and I have shared the events with our Leadership Team. We look forward to the next time and we will be sure that we take care of the items you have mentioned.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!