“Perfect in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Barcelona
“Perfect in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It's very convenient for me as it's next door to the Crossings at Carlsbad Golf Course.
The rooms are large and very well furnished, nice work area, big closet and also large and well set bathroom. Nice pool (Including jacuzzi) large Gym with everything and a good restaurant too.
The service is not the nicest of the world but they are just OK.
No need to take the Valet Parking as self parking is near and easy to find a spot for your car.
There's a big con: It's next door too to the Legoland, so if you do not like to be surrounded by children in the pool and breakfast, this is not your place.
I'm going back there...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool to avoid noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mlconner, Manager at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post. Having the Crossings Golf Course next door is definitely a bonus! We will see you at Hole 19!

818 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a good hotel if you have kids with you.

Not so good for couples.

The biggest downside is the skanky perfume (Sheraton Scent) that they pump through the lobby.

You really think that smells good?

REALLY?????

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with Starwood Corporate and our Brand Team.
Warm Regards,
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just stayed at the Sheraton Carlsbad for my hubbies convention. I had stayed there a few years back when it was fairly new. I walked into my room and there were already people staying there.
Totally embarassed, so I went to the front desk and they gave me a suite. It was huge but had a weird layout (triangle rooms kind of?) It also was showing wear (carpet) which I thought weird as the hotel was so new..Anyway this time had a normal room w/oceanview. REally nice!! One thing I hate about hotels now is the room rate is just the beginning.. Resort fee $12,, self parking $12..which the parking lot is down this huge hill so please unload before parking or you'll be hauling your luggage up many many stairs..Also I did find something really nice.. in the shower on those little bottles of shampoo, the lettering on the bottles was really big so people like me who wear reading glasses,, can actually read the bootle without needing to bring our glasses into the shower..Very small detail but hugely helpful!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you return business and taking the time to write a review on the property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the resort. We hope to have you and your husband back with us again.
All the Best
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, but was under construction when I arrived, but it seemed like the hotel side of the house, did not have their act together. My room was nerver really cleaned until the last day, after repeatedly calling down to the desk to complain, that they left empty glasses and cups laying around, and my sheets needed to be changed, my safe quit working and the sink filled up with water while brushing my teeth. I talked with a Manager or Supervisor by the name of Natasha, and she smarted off by asking if I wanted her to come up and get the glasses and cups out of my room. They never left a full box of Kleenex, had to request that the minute I walked into the room, as well as other items, that if they had of done their job, I would not have had to call down do many times.

I think they need to fix the hotel side, if they are going to be a world class organization and charge the prices they charge, they need to act like one, with thier customer service.

Room Tip: Do not go there to the hotel. The dining facitlity is excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent accommodation. Great room, great facilities, great pool and a very relaxing spa. The staff were very friendly, especially the bar staff (Joey) and accommodating to our sudden travel changes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GREAT REVIEW! Thank you for taking the time to mention Joey we love him.
Cheers,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I have been staying at this hotel twice to three times per year since 2008, and this hotel definitely feels like our home away from home. Our most recent trip was from 12/29/12 through 01/01/13. As usual, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. Since our last trip in July, I could definitely see an improvement in the front desk staff and their knowledge of events occurring. Additionally, I did see improvements in the restaurant with the service and the efficiency of the staff. We attended the Family Friendly New Year's Eve Party, and this will be a new family tradition for us moving forward. Having stayed at a number of hotels for business, as well as pleasure and understanding that no hotel is perfect, what always impresses me the most about this hotel and the reason that my family and I continue to visit is how impressed I am with the fact that management actually takes the reviews written seriously and takes action to continuously improve. This is what will continue to set this hotel apart from all the others in the surrounding area. I can't think of staying anywhere else when visiting Sea World and Legoland. Great job Sheraton and thank you for another enjoyable trip!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your more recent stay and recognizing the improvements in service. We continue to strive to be the best and take care of our guest as family. We look forward to your return. Something new to look forward to, TWENTY/20 and the Veranda is finished, absolutely amazing.

Warm Regards,
Tahiti, French Polynesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

What a deception. After a long flight and 1,5 hour driving we checked in at 22 h in a room with rust in the baht tub. I called the reception because i didnt want my 2 and 6 years to take a bath there and i was told there were no more available room clean tonight. I went to the front desk to show the picture of rust and was told again no room available. 15 mn later the office manager called me and actually at 22h30 we moved into another room.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the hotel. There is never an excuse when we fail to provide the basic needs for our guest. This has been addressed with our Leadership and Housekeeping teams. It is through our guest feedback that we are able to improve our hotel. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that we have an opportunity to take care of you and your family.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!