“FANTASTIC STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Carlsbad

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Carlsbad to your Saves list
Days Inn Carlsbad
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Pio Pico Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008 (Formerly Comfort Inn )   |
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Costa Mesa, California
“FANTASTIC STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sept 3-5, 2010, with my family (Spouse, 5 yr, 3yr and twins 7 months old). We stayed in Suite 212 which is a two bedroom suite, 2 queens and a King, two bath and a small kitchen area and flat screen TV(s). The Suite was extremely large and comfortable. It was cleaned each day by the maid and always smelled fresh. It is very close to the freeway but, there was little traffic noise from the location of the room to the freeway. The room was extra clean and the staff was very professional and courtsey. The free waffle and cereal breakfast each morning with a free US Today paper made the stay even better. They have a washer and dryer that came in handy. The pool was heated too. Very kid friendly. 3 miles from Legoland. There is a Vons, Rite Aid and gas station across the street from the hotel. They have free WIFI internet too. GREAT STAY I would recommend this hotel to any large family that requries a two bedroom suite,

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The room was nice and the hotel was close to Legoland, but it was NOISY. As if the noise from the neighboring freeway wasn't enough (loud!), we heard everything going on in the rooms next to ours and could not believe how clearly we heard every footstep taken by the guests above us (we were on the 2nd floor). The people next door stayed up until late watching t.v. and we heard every word. We were glad to leave after one night. Beware of the noise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We are currently at the hotel so my review is very fresh! My husband and myself and kids, 7 and 8, are staying for about 5 nights. Hotel is very small which is fine. Obviously there's wireless but it's dodgy connecting. Staff friendly and helpful. Very close to loud highway, and even tho we requested room to the back, you can still hear it. Hasn't bothered us, exhausted from beach and Legoland which, by the way, is only minutes away. Very close to highway 5 which is the route to all the beaches and San Diego. We have 2 queen beds and one flat screen tv. For 4 people, not enough drawer space; only 3 small drawers, so be prepared to hang stuff or use your suitcase if you have 4 people. Nice 2 chairs and table, microwave and large fridge make eating in the room very easy. Pretty nice bathroom, clean and large for the room, one sink. I wish there were also a sink outside the bathroom so we could prepare food more easily while someone's in the restroom. In room coffee pot coffee is wretched. Grocery store right across the street, Von's, is perfect. Sheets and bathroom clean but the blankets and rug have that yucky public kind of vibe, but what are you going to do? The pool is very small, but heated, and since it has no diving end it's actually awesome for our kids to stand, swim, play catch, etc. So, the breakfast: Coffee is not bad. A couple cereals, a couple boring pastries and bread, juice and milk, and a waffle maker. The only protein is stale cold boiled eggs which even I couldn't choke down. Basically everything is starchy and mostly sweet but if you need to grab a bowl of cereal, it's fine. Don't look for scrambled eggs and sausage in a chafing dish-it's not there. But tons of nice diners and cafes nearby in Carlsbad. Great location, great value, not a "destination" hotel but in such a gorgeous area, we are perfectly content.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
chino hills,ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Like many of you out there who are looking at this right now I too did the same thing. I went online to check the ratings and comments of this particular hotel. Majority of the comments are true. The noise from the freeway will keep you up all night (if you are a light sleeper), there is even noise coming from underneath the door because they installed the door frames wrong and the door is at a slant leaving air on one side of the door to come through the door (especially noise from the freeway) so we put a towel to cover the entry door to our room to cover up the hole. I don't know how many times they clean their sheets but I felt itchy or like there were little bugs on my feet and legs all night. If I were the owner or management of this place, I would install sound proof windows at least , fix the entry door to the rooms and complain to the city of Carlsbad to plant some trees in the front of the gate near the freeway. There is nothing blocking the noise from the freeway. There is nothing but an iron gate. You can give your customers some good sleep if you'd just put some tall trees near your hotel. I live by a freeway but I can sleep at night because they block the sound of the freeway by using some things called trees and a block wall.
Please who ever is listening do not go to this hotel unless you want a great view of the 5 fwy and if you want to hear the noise from the freeway all night long.Good luck and have a great time on your vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

My frend and I each had a room and we were very pleased. The room was the most spacious that I have ever had. It was comfortable and clean. We requested side by side rooms and were accommodated.

We heard no noise from the other rooms. Only drawback was a little traffic noise. But keeping the air conditioner on remidied that.

Breakfast was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Cupertino
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

We picked this hotel for its vicinity to Legoland and because this one could be gotten as a reward to choice privileges points. Room was very spacious, clean & tidy. It had a small fridge and microwave, which came in very handy for storing & heating milk for the kid.
Because of the vicinity to I-5, there was some highway noise, but once door was shut and fan was turned on, one couldn't hear much of it. On the other hand, the vicinity also made the location convenient for hopping on to the highway immediately and be in reach of 10 minutes of everything ....
Continental breakfast was OK and all items were steadily replenished.
Pool was small and facing the highway - but didn't use it because of the chilly weather.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

A Comfort Inn is like a chain restuarant, it may not be the very best but it will be pretty good. And this Comfort Inn is no different. The exterior was kept very clean and our room was kept tidy. But thats where the pretty good sorta ends. I booked this hotel because it says "near Legoland" in the hotel name. Legoland was not my destination but I know the area so I booked it for 5 days. In fact the hotel is an exit north and in a very different part of town. I dont mean a bad part of town, just a part I would have not chosen had I known. If Legoland is your destination there are several hotels much closer. A stones throw from busy I-5 the exterior noise from the freeway can be quite loud. I would suggest asking for a room in the rear of the hotel. The breakfast buffet is marginal and offers very little choice. Housekeeping was lacking. It was a comedy to watch the housekeepers drop linen over the railing from the third floor to their carts outside on the ground. Our coffee maker was never replenished and there was MOLD starting to grow in the ceiling in the shower. I informed the front desk but nothing was done. This being said, the hotel was still alright. With the natural beauty of Carlsbad and the selection of great restaurants, when you are at the California coast the hotel is actually one of my least concerns.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Carlsbad? Share your experiences!