This is my 2nd trip to Carlsbad in a month and I decided to try another hotel. I chose Days Inn based on the other reviewers comments. This hotel is a good value and if you head west on Tamarack about a mile it takes you to one of the prettiest beaches in Carlsbad - Tamarack State park. This is a 3-story, open air style motel so noise is a factor. As usual - here are my pros and cons:
- very clean hotel - room, bathroom and hotel were impeccable. I even came home one day from the beach and saw they had mopped the stone flooring!
- beds - very comfortable with lots of pillows
- free wifi - great connection - no issues with Wi-Fi
- free breakfast - see below
- large rooms - my room had a small table, flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator.
- ample parking and well lit
- pool - heated and they offer pool towels (see below)
- location - walking distance to a Vons and Rite Aid with a Restaurant and gas station on the corner. Less than a mile to the beach
- front desk staff is very helpful and nice
- you can open the windows
- AC unit worked fine - no complaints
- noise - so the hotel sits right on I-5 - with the open air structure you hear ALL the noise of the highway. I asked for a room in the back, but it doesn't make a difference. If you are a light sleeper- get white noise app for your phone - this has saved me so many times
-bedspreads - they still use those old-fashioned bed spreads which you know haven't been washed in forever
-breakfast - all I had was coffee. As other people have said there is no protein of any sort. No yogurt, no eggs, no cheese, no sausage/bacon. It's all sugary/carbs as in cereal, danish/muffins and waffles. It's a nice breakfast space - here's a hint - you can get those powdered eggs that other hotels use and bingo - you have your eggs.
- pool is small, you are basically sunning yourself along the I-5 so zero privacy.
Basically the only things keeping this from a 5 rating is the noise and the lack of choices at breakfast. I do recommend it if you are looking for a value-oriented option - just bring earplugs!
Ask for a room in the back, put a white noise app on your phone.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for choosing our Days Inn location for your most recent traveling needs and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to hear the noise from the freeway was a little disturbing and that the breakfast did not meet your standards. We will make sure to inform management so we can possibly do more to incorporate some protein. However, we were happy to hear you enjoyed our free wifi and that our staff was very helpful and nice throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.