“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Carlsbad
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Carlsbad to your Saves list
Motel 6 Carlsbad
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6117 Paseo del Norte, I-5/San Diego Freeway at Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Carlsbad
Los Angeles, California
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you stop at a Motel 6, you know you aren't going to get 5 Star accommodations. But what you do get is a clean room and good service. The motels are kept up to standard and you know what you are getting. We stay at this Motel 6 in Carlsbad and have for years when we go to the dog shows in Del Mar. They accept our dogs with no problem and have nice grassy areas in front. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants a nice sleepover with no frills at a terrific price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Jacinto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is always our go-to hotel when we need to stay overnight in Carlsbad. The rooms are average. They are always clean. For the price, you can't beat the location and convenience. The staff is always friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Save lots if money by staying at this location.
Basic ( no coffee maker in room, no iron, no hair drier no fluffy towels) clean rooms, clean pool and free parking. Save the money and cross the street to the best German eatery in Carlsbad nothing over $12.98 including prime rib on the weekends.

• Stayed September 2012
New Albany, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room is cramped and dark. No shampoo, no hair dryer, the toilet ran all night, the freeway noise is terrible and the decor is depressive at best and charged 2.99 for WiFI. Never again. If you must stop, ask to see the room FIRST!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

It is a really cheap motel, good only for 1 night. There was no hair dryer in the room so we asked it at the reception but we were told that they dont have any. So my wife had to dry the hair with the heating.

• Stayed June 2012
Geogia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I needed a place to stay because my preferred location (Carlsbad Inn and Resort) was booked. I thought the price was great (about 50 bucks a night) for being so close to the beach and the Carlsbad Village area. My room in the back had a great view of a weeded lot with foundations of buildings remaining from demolitions that took place years ago. My room key/card had to be reactivated each day because I was not able to get in each day. The WiFi was terrible and had to be paid for each day and activated with a new PW each day...a pain. The rooms were appointed more like long-stay, $125 a week locations. The bathrooms were clean as far as I could see and the rooms were just ok for cleanliness. They really need an up-date, and up-grade for sure. They are in a prime vacation location and could do better even if it means $10 more on the price. I was disappointed even though they 'leave the light on' for us.

Room Tip: Not sure there's any better spot but the back certainly has a getto view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I found two bed bugs in the middle of the night that I turned the light on and there they were on the bed sheet. Called the front desk and all the lady could do for me at 3am was move me to another room and wait for the manager that got there at 11am. Well I told him my problem and I showed him the two bed bugs I found in my bed and I also showed him my bit marks on my arms and he was totally rude about it. He said well if you don't like it go to another one! He didn't care about the situation. I will file a complaint to corporate.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Motel 6 Carlsbad? Share your experiences!