“Clean very reasonable priced motel around $56.00 a night and if you have a car close to most things.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Carlsbad

You added Motel 6 Carlsbad to your Saves list
Motel 6 Carlsbad
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6117 Paseo del Norte, I-5/San Diego Freeway at Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Save lots if money by staying at this location.
Basic ( no coffee maker in room, no iron, no hair drier no fluffy towels) clean rooms, clean pool and free parking. Save the money and cross the street to the best German eatery in Carlsbad nothing over $12.98 including prime rib on the weekends.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Albany, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room is cramped and dark. No shampoo, no hair dryer, the toilet ran all night, the freeway noise is terrible and the decor is depressive at best and charged 2.99 for WiFI. Never again. If you must stop, ask to see the room FIRST!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

It is a really cheap motel, good only for 1 night. There was no hair dryer in the room so we asked it at the reception but we were told that they dont have any. So my wife had to dry the hair with the heating.

• Stayed June 2012
Geogia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I needed a place to stay because my preferred location (Carlsbad Inn and Resort) was booked. I thought the price was great (about 50 bucks a night) for being so close to the beach and the Carlsbad Village area. My room in the back had a great view of a weeded lot with foundations of buildings remaining from demolitions that took place years ago. My room key/card had to be reactivated each day because I was not able to get in each day. The WiFi was terrible and had to be paid for each day and activated with a new PW each day...a pain. The rooms were appointed more like long-stay, $125 a week locations. The bathrooms were clean as far as I could see and the rooms were just ok for cleanliness. They really need an up-date, and up-grade for sure. They are in a prime vacation location and could do better even if it means $10 more on the price. I was disappointed even though they 'leave the light on' for us.

Room Tip: Not sure there's any better spot but the back certainly has a getto view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I found two bed bugs in the middle of the night that I turned the light on and there they were on the bed sheet. Called the front desk and all the lady could do for me at 3am was move me to another room and wait for the manager that got there at 11am. Well I told him my problem and I showed him the two bed bugs I found in my bed and I also showed him my bit marks on my arms and he was totally rude about it. He said well if you don't like it go to another one! He didn't care about the situation. I will file a complaint to corporate.

• Stayed June 2012
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

i just found two bed bugs in my room after staying a few nights here. i was in bed and my leg started itching i turned the light on and saw the bed bug crawling on the sheet grows!, right away i called the front desk and the lady said there was nothing she could do, but move me to another room and wait for the manager in the morning since all this happened at 3am. so im expecting to get a full refund and i will file a complaint to corporate as well.

Room Tip: Check your bed before going to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mazatlan, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This room was clean enough but I will not stay there again. I was right next to the freeway and it was extremely noisy. I could have lived with that but what is appalling is that there were bed bugs. I didn't know what I was getting bitten by at first as I've never had an experience with these nasty creatures. I came home from my stay with bites all over my arms and legs. And YES, they are bed bug bites. I wrote to the company and have not received a response at all. Apparently they are not concerned that their rooms are infested. Disgusting!!!! For a few dollars more I would definitely upgrade to a better hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side and away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Carlsbad? Share your experiences!