“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free! Book Now.
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Minneapolis
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed here for the Jazz Festival. Our La Costa room (943) was spacious, luxurious and far back enough on the property to avoid the concert noise and/or pool noise. I loved the double sinks in the bathroom, the super-comfy bed and the patio. The Omni did a wonderful job of keeping their guests separate from the non-guests who were attending the concert. Every staff member was very attentive. I would definitely book this hotel for a romantic getaway or girl's trip. Thanks Omni for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visited the Onmi LA Costa Resort and Spa for a work conference. The room was spacious and even had a fireplace! The balcony was also very spacious, but it was pretty cool and rainy so I didn't spend much time there.

The workout center was great. The equipment was pretty new and there were plenty of them available. They also offered classes, but the timing didn't work for me.

They had umbrellas in the rooms and in all common areas of the resort. If you happened to be away from your room during the rare rainstorm (but not so rare when I was there) you had easy access to an umbrella.

The Marketplace offers some quick food options, some bakery items, and is the place to go if you forgot to pack any toiletry items or if you need a souvenir. You can also use one of several iPads to check-in for your flight.

This resort is beautiful and quite.

The resort us at least a 1/2 an hour from the San Diego airport. The airport is older and small relative to the amount of flights, so you go to the security area fir your gate, the gate areas are not connected, and food options are are limited. If you check a bag, be at least 2 hours early, the lines were brutal.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I took my 4 yr old son for a long weekend to La Costa for a little family getaway. The property was lovely, the children's pool, slide and amenities were terrific. We wanted for nothing. We were charmed by the wait staff at the bistro at breakfast, fascinated by the hawk who patrols the property and loved the pool.
We also loved the children's entertainment in the lobby when there was a minimal wait to check in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

everything about this resort is too good to be true ,. the suites are in full luxury , many pools ( clean and warm )
staff are always there to help you , room service is quick . grounds are very beautiful , this place is perfect for family get away with kids , because there are so many activities for kids and adults , As well as it is perfect for romantic get away and spend time at the infinity pool and enjoy beautiful night at the bar , I stayed here for the Jazz festival and also to celebrate my sons 4th birthday , we all left with unforgetible memories . I will be going back for my anniversary soon . CANT WAIT

Room Tip: golf course view , villas
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

great hotel if you have kids. it is really family friendly. a lot of pools and lounge chairs. the restaurants can be better for the price you pay. the 1-bedroom villa suite was great. not my type of furniture or décor, but the space was large and for the most part, the room was kept pretty clean. disappointed that there was no turn-down service for the resort fee that you pay for. overall, a pretty good experience.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Nasvhille
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I produce events across the country and have dealt with many hotels and resorts in hosting large and small programs. La Costa recently hosted a large program for us (approx. 700 guests) and they hit a home run!

First let me say that the service that our team (and our guests relayed similar info) was stellar. There was a wonderful anticipation of the need of the guest. Bell staff is long tenured which can often be a bad thing (as they can get complacent) but this crew ran the front drive and first impression experience wonderfully. Housekeeping did a great job and the maid, when she saw me exiting the room, thanked me for tipping her.

The food from banquets was outstanding and they provide great food experiences for our 700 guests...and that is not easy. The marketplace provides some great grab and go options. Prices are not cheap but yet the $12 veggie wrap is fantastic and their fresh smoothies are not only healthy but taste great! Blue Fire is a great option for a special dinner (we sent some of our speakers there and they were impressed), Bistro 65 is a good three meal a day option but the highlight for me was the steak nachos from Diversions...so good!

Rooms are spacious and each room type (I have seen them all) provides a great experience. Whether a golf course, courtyard, pool or resort view each room provides a little bit of paradise. The rooms are starting to feel a tad tired...and probably have another 18-24 months before I would say they would NEED a renovation. I would not hesitate to send any individual or group there at all.

What do I mean by "Ahhhh...exhale....?" I mean that the moment I walked on property I just naturally exhaled. "Ahhhh." I think you will too.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Here for a work conference, and it really was quite lovely. The property is spread out without being overly sprawling, and you can either stay onsite or wander down the road to Starbucks. Omni service is consistently gracious without being stilted; this was no exception.
My only pet peeve? A $25/day "resort fee." I'm a business traveler - my only "resorting" is to the room wifi to catch up on my email.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!