“What a surprise! Family Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Seattle, Washington
“What a surprise! Family Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

I stayed the week at the La Costa resort with a friend and a total of 3 children ages 5, 8, 9. We had a suite with a single room connected. The booking was made online and was very easy to make the booking.

Upon arrival we were met with the car valet who took care of all the luggage (which was alot) and we were escorted to the reception area where we checked in. There was a conference checking in at the same time so there was a bit of a wait. But there were 4 staff members checking in guests. After getting our keys, we were offered a ride with our luggage in a large golf cart, the kids thought that was great.

The room was very well appointed and tastefully decorated. We had a small balcony off the single room that was attached to the suite. The beds and linens were top shelf! The bathrooms were magnificent with very deep bathtubs which as a bonus for the adults for a long soak! The bathroom in the suite there was a movable screen which allowed you to watch the tv in the bedroom area from the bathtub!

There were international newspapers availible at this resort and was such a treat for us. the in room internet worked beautifully without any problems.

The pools were great and there was waterslides and water play area for the kids, it was so fun we never made it to the beach. The kids went to the kidsclub one day and had a great time and the groups were small where the staff members were able to get to know the children well.

The only non friendly thing at this resort was the food in the resturants. I mean what parent is going to pay $10 for pancakes when they would be hardly eaten. The food was grown up food made to sound like kid friendly. But there was too many complaints of weird sauces and things on the food from our children. There were well known chain food outlets within a mile of the resort, where the kids liked the meals much better. For the adults the food was fab and the wine selection was good.

Note that the staff was incredible, remembering our names and addressing the children everytime we pasted. One night the adults decided to have late night ice cream room service after the children were in bed. They did not have a sundae on the menu, but room service brought ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and cookies so we could make our own. When we discovered that we had way too much food, we were going to share with the night reception staff, we told them we had eaten ourselves sick, their first reaction was to send some stomach medicine to the room, wow now that is service!

Other then the food, this is a great place for a family stay and was very relaxing for both adults and children! We will return!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

I really cant say enough good things about La Costa Resort and Spa. From the amenities, to the views surrounding the resort and the service. I was greeted by Joaquin Genrich who is the resort manager, he was polite, courteous, accommodating and kind. I will definitely be returning to La Costa and asking for Joaquin by name.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

We had a fabulous time! My husband and I went with another couple for a golf/spa weekend away from Vancouver. The weather, the resort, golf, spa, staff, rooms were all fantastic! We would definitely go back. We are already planning our trip back !
We totally recommend this resort. The pool and food was fabulous too. You can order drinks and food at the pool and you can get fresh bbq hotdogs on the course. Make sure you go to the spa early for steam room and pool and hottub before your treatment. It is the best for friends to go for a fun filled weekend for golfingand spa-ing! My girlfriend and I golfed with our husbands one day and one day we did the spa and the guys golfed again. Loved it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

It is a beautiful hotel, but between the service and the overpricing, definitely not worth it. If you are okay with the money, stay some where else like the Ritz-Carlton, at least there you feel like you are getting what you pay for. The golf course was not in very good shape. Aviara (near by) was head and shoulders above this place.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is the only place I travel to for vacations with my family. The facility and service is 5 star. The children never get in the way of the serene atmosphere because they have their own pools, arcades and activities. Between the tennis, beach, shopping, food, golf and spas you will be in heaven. we love this place!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed at La Costa for two nights in 2/2009 while attending a conference. While the grounds and facilities are quite impressive, the service is lacking. The parking lot is quite a distance from the guest rooms. While lugging my bags to my room, several staff passed by without a single offer of assistance or even a greeting. It wasn't the level of service I anticipated from La Costa. Service aside, it is a lovely place to stay as it is beautiful and the grounds are well maintained.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

First off, they charge you to park in the hinterlands and hike to your room. Self Parking is $12 a day, valet $25. If I'm going to park my car in the boonies and trek back and forth, I'd think that they'd not charge me for putting my car in what is essentially a big parking lot at the edges of the resort.
There is a $15/day charge that covers 'resort fees' - which include internet access, in room coffee, a USA Today, and use of the fitness center. The first day, I had to call twice to get my $15 newspaper :)
Note that you can't drive up to the main lobby. Once I arrived, and parked my car in the self-parking lot, I wandered around with my luggage trying to find the check-in and finally found a person that could direct me.
Having said all that, the rooms were large and clean, the service friendly, the meals nice (if a bit expensive), and the bathroom was spacious with a large soaking tub.
The location is convenient. I was there for a conference, so many of my meals were included. However, my one breakfast I had to buy cost me $18, which is a bit pricey for one person, I think.
The landscaping and grounds are very lush, very nice.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!