“Noisy and crowded” 3 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free! Book Now.
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Boulder City, Nevada, Usa
“Noisy and crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed here a few times before,I wrote a separate review of the golf course, now I feel like I need to express my disappointment with the hotel, the spa service was disappointing the massage left a lot to be desired,the Chopra center advertised yoga at 6pm so after my son, wife and I grabbed a bite to eat, and arrived at the center they told us at the that the schedule had changed and they didn't notify the hotel guests, ugh so disappointing for my wife who was very excited to have me and her son with her to experience the Chopra style of yoga. The grounds are well kept,rooms are recently remodeled, the valet guys are top notch. Front desk staff was awesome, so overall not a five star experience but it is my wife's family tradition so we will probably return.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a great experience overall… the villa suites are amazing and if you plan to play tennis, you will be pleased! My children enjoyed the pools and room service! The Spa and Salon provides great service and the staff was friendly and experienced!

Waunakee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is beautiful, all of the food & beverage places make for a great stay, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My kids had a great time, but there were also upscale restaurants that made my stay even nicer.

Rancho Cucamonga, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and this last time my stay was disappointing and to add to that, my sister was a guest with me and she had a credit card charge from pool area that she had to report as fraud

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel was aware I would arrive very early. They were pleasant and offered pool access until the room was ready, explaining if another room became available early they would put me in it, but assured me that a room would be available by the normal check-in time. 5 and a half hours later no room and my luggage still outside in the heat. They put me in a smaller room to check me in. Had to wait another half hour for my luggage. Way too much $$ for this treatment. So far, not thrilled.

Room Tip: Lots of families with screaming kids. Didn't expect this at a spa resort.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent in all ways - beautiful grounds, full spa facilities, clean and very friendly staff with beautiful weather. Restaurant on premises with many in the area as well. Extremely enjoyable stay. Super Shuttles from the airport very reasonable. If interested, the Chopra Center programs are on the premises with a discount for hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Windsor, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just a 10 minute drive to a beautiful walkable sandy beach, close to stores if you need them, great food choices at the resort - ranging from very reasonable take out to high end dining and everything in between. (one of the casual take-out places is open 24 hours) We've never stayed in a resort before, and we don't golf, but we chose Omni for it's location to a client meeting in Encinitas.
I had one complaint - the adult pool area is beautiful, the views are stunning and the kids pool area is separate which is great. My complaint is the awful music played throughout the adult pool area. They have those fake rocks that hide speakers and when you are in the pools gazing at the natural beauty, or hot air balloons in the afternoon, you have loud contemporary music blasting which is not conducive to relaxation.
My fault though, I should have mentioned it sooner as I did only at check-out and was told, "you should have said something we could have done something about it." They said during summer, it's quite a party scene at the pool and the music is part of the party. We were there over xmas break.

Room Tip: we were on the lower level overlooking the tennis courts - the hallway, although lit, was dark and c...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!