“WOW!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Florida
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at this resort recently, had a slight problem with our room, Front desk was so helpful, took care of our problem in no time flat. Superb customer service. The Spa was out of this world. Joy the massage therapist was FANTASTIC!!!! She was the BEST!!!!

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Omni La Costa is a beautiful resort. It is a little old but well maintained. My room was beautifully decorated and clean. The patio off my room was a nice surprise. It was quiet and the lush grounds were a sight to behold. I was visited by a few birds and a rabbit on occasion during my morning coffee breaks on the patio. The 24 hour café/market has a nice selection of snacks and souvenirs. All staff that I encountered were courteous and pleasant. The rooms are spread across the sprawling grounds so if you can't walk long distances there are golf carts that can take you wherever you need to go on the resort. It is also close to many San Diego attractions and the beach is only 5 minutes away. I would highly recommend this property if you want a relaxing base when visiting the San Diego area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Oakton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Recently I visited San Diego for the first time and, at the recommendation of a local friend, found a good deal via Trip Advisor for three nights at La Costa. I was there on business, but boy did this place make it feel like pleasure.

I particularly enjoyed all of the lush grounds with tons of flowers after the barreness of my East Coast winter. They have casual dining outside looking out over the golf course with the "mountains" framing the background. I took an evening dip in the hot tub which was delightful. This was by the pool restricted to adults. They also had an amazing pool with water slide and other features that once-upon-a-time my family would have gone gaga over.
Food was good with a nice selection and wait staff attentive.
Only thing that could be improved is the hike from my room to the parking lot where I had to keep my rental car. It was about a half mile. Truth be told, I did not mind because it was gorgeous... and I had just gotten my fitbit and appreciated the steps!
I would recommend, but don't pay sticker rates. Look for a bargain.

Room Tip: Next to my room was one with little kids and an infant. I could hear the baby crying through the wa...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Anaheim, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

good place for families but be prepared to spend, price/value relationship not something to go here for. For example a $10 bottle of wine is marked up 4X. The food and beverages prices overall are pretty steep.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had frequented la costa resort before for both business and pleasure but not since omni resorts had taken over. My experience with the reservation was great but the stay was disappointing. Since the arrival the staff seemed unorganized and we reserved a la costa room and were given a signature room which is a downgrade from our reservation. The manager did not show any concern the addressing Issue and overall stay went downhill from there. Also, my sister had credit card fraud from pool area there.

Room Tip: Rooms close to lobby seemed quieter
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I always thought La Costa was a worn place for the "older" crowd. Boy, wasI wrong. It is a very nice resort for guests of any age. Two golf courses, multiple pools, wellness center, nice dining choices,, all on site. Close to many great off site dining choices and many local attracrations make it a great choice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was a very bad experience. Upon check-in they gave us a room that I didn't pay for- I paid for the upgrade. They finally changed rooms, however never brought out luggage to us- which they said they would. When I went to the original room for my luggage, there was another party in the room with it! Completely UNSAT! Our massages were horrible- never again. Our room service for dinner was terrible- the eggs were cooked through. I will never stay here again. Not worth the price.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Erika D, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Theresa M,

Thank you for posting a review about your visit to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa. I am extremely disappointed to hear about the frustration you felt during your time with us. This is unacceptable and I am incredibly sorry. Our team is closely examining what took place with your luggage and why your change in accommodations was not executed properly. Please also know your review has been forwarded to our spa and room service so we may improve our execution. It is our standard to provide superior service to all guests visiting our resort, and I appreciate your helpful feedback. Thank you for your time.

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!