“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Montreal, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just got back from this amazing resort for a business function. Talk about being taken care of. The food was great, rooms clean and comfortable (if you go stay in the 6000 room numbers) and friendly staff. Lots to do in the area!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here for just one night to celebrate her birthday. We found the rooms very nice and well apportioned, the spa/massage services were excellent, and the staff were as friendly as could be. This was a great weekend get-away resort and I would highly recommend it. Next time, I will visit with my kids and stay much longer.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Chopra Center in this resort is a must go to destination. They compliment each other tremendously. ayurvedic lessons, great gift store and knowledgable staff, you have to make an appointment and they offer various courses throughtout the year. it is a well desrevd inward trip to knowing yourself and othersand how we all fit into the universe!!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very friendly service by the staff and the market place cafe/restaurant was an excellent rendez-vous as well as selling healthy meals and drinks. Rooms are spacious and the facilities such as pools were very good. Two really challenging golf courses!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to the market place/reception area
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Visited on a business conference. Stayed in a "golf suite", nice room, smelled a tad musty the first night but after that it was fine. Hotels should dispense with carpet in their rooms. Every employee I dealt with was excellent, clearly hotel management has a real focus on customer service. Location was great, some of my colleagues golfed on the courses and said they were very good. The food was also excellent, When you consider we were part of a big conference it makes the food quality that much more impressive as it was cooked for many people. The fitness club was the best hotel fitness club I have ever seen.

Overall I highly recommend this resort and would go back personally.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I had a tough time at this resort. The first room I was given (room 723) was right next to an elevator, and whenever the elevator was in use, the sound in the room was really loud. We asked to be moved. We were placed in room 843, which was down a long carpeted hallway including two ramps, meaning a lot of pushing as a wheelchair user. The room did seem quieter, so we stayed there. Unfortunately, we found out that night that there was a family with a baby in the room right next door, and we could hear the crying through the wall. The room itself was fine, comfy beds, big bathroom, small patio.
The first afternoon of our visit, I went to the "edge" pool, which is the nicest pool at the resort. It's the adult pool, and it's an infinity pool with a lovely view of the golf course. Unfortunately, I could not go in because there was not a lift at this particular pool. I spoke to the manager, Christopher Garcia, about this, and he was pretty useless. He gave me the number for Omni's attorneys! Many other pools at the resort had lifts, but not the adult pool and not the spa pool. This was really disappointing and upsetting (as as far as I can tell from reading the ADA laws, they must, by law, have a lift at every pool).
The food at the resort was regular hotel food. If you are a foodie like me, then you can barely wait to get off campus and eat something that is local, or organic, or isn't out of a buffet line.
I went for a massage at the spa, and that was lovely. I had a good massage, sat in the steam room, and took a nice shower afterwards. The spa was probably the highlight of our stay.
I agree with other reviewers - the staff is hot or miss. Some seemed fine, others completely incompetent (one didn't know how to get to the pool and she ended up taking me on a very circuitous route.)
I bet if we had gone with kids, we would have had a much better experience. It seemed like a kids' dream with the awesome pools, video game room, and ability to roam the resort without worry. Overall, it felt like a regular hotel on a big piece of property. It also felt pretty removed from the coast (even though it's a short drive away), so you might as well be in the middle of the country instead of being on the beautiful California coast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TylerPringle, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear ahb123456,

Thank you for visiting us, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your compliments on our spa and hope to have you with us again soon.
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I could not have been more pleased with my experience at the Chopra Center at the Omni Hotel. Both the meditation retreat and hotel experience exceeded my expectations. It provided a relaxing environment with exceptional service.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!