“La Costa for business meetings” 5 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Carlsbad
Johns Creek, Georgia
“La Costa for business meetings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Found this resort to be exceptionally scenic and relaxing in addition to having very comfortable rooms with a pleasant views of the golf course. My room (800's) was located convenient to the pool and common areas. The Diversions lounge was a great place to watch football games, while eating some great food with a fine selection of beers on tap. The bar staff was both helpful and friendly. All the meals offered at the ballroom were excellent, including the hospitality offerings. Loved the cheese quesadillas and chocolate brownies. I am ready to go back soon.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Cincinnati, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Landscaping and grounds are the highlight of this resort. Staff is friendly but not very welcoming and only helpful when engaged. Cleanliness fo the resort left a lot to be desired, public restroom in Diversions lounge was littered with paper towels, trash and urine on the floors and remained that way for hours. Pool areas were found to be a disaster in the mornings, trash everywhere, empty glasses and bottles. Food was reminscent of a retirement home comunity. Very bland and very little seleeciton. No creativity in the menu.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

TylerPringle, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Aaron D,

Thank you for the kind words about our grounds. Our staff makes every effort to provide a safe, clean environment for our guests at all areas of our resort and we apologize if you feel we did not meet these standards during your time here.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I finally had the opportunity to stay at the Omni La Quinta in San Diego. From the greeting of the valet team to the front desk staff and every server and housekeeper, it was a great place to stay. In town for a conference, i took full advantage of the gym each morning and of the huge and nicely tiled jacuzzi right outside my room. The grounds are lovely and clean, and I would definitely return for whatever reason possible.

Eden Prairie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Resort is beautiful with palm trees and architecture. The self parking is on one side of the resort and depending on your room location you have to walk a long distance with your baggage. If you pay $25.00 for valet parking they will give you a ride. Room smelled like a nursing home, old musty smell. Shower door leaked badly even after they came and replaced the door seals. May be that is why the room smelled really bad, possibly mold in the walls and under floor. Fire alarm started chirping at 3:00 am in the morning. Maintenance did not come until later that morning. There are many other resorts in the area for the same price.

Dear Sukru E,

Thanks for staying with us. We're sorry about shower door and the fire alarm in your room. We've alerted our engineering team about the issue and it has be repaired. We hope to have you with us again in the future.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have to say: the grounds are stunning. That said, I was underwhelmed with my stay here. When I checked in, they gave me my key and pointed me in the general direction of my room, which was a 15 minute walk from reception and I got lost on the way. Why don't they have someone to show me my room?
The room itself was fine, but smelled a bit weird, and the pillows were hard and lumpy. There was also not a blow dryer in my room, so I called housekeeping and it took 15 minutes for them to bring me one (probably because the rooms are so far from everything) -- I had sopping hair and needed to be somewhere, so the wait / lack of hair dryer was not great.
I didn't get enough time to enjoy the property, and wished I did. This is definitely not the Ritz, but seems like a nice enough resort.

Edina, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for a long weekend with a group of 18.

Negatives:
Paper thin walls in the rooms! Could easily carry on - and hear - full conversations of the people next door, especially while in the bathroom.
What is with this hotel's obsession with louvered doors? Louvered doors in the bathrooms in the rooms and also in public areas provides little privacy.
The rooms were updated so that the bathrooms were larger, unfortunately that means the two mirrors are only located within the bathroom. The rooms need one more mirror outside of the bathroom area.
Breakfasts are very overpriced - not uncommon in a hotel of this size. I ordered one scrambled egg, a small cup of cottage cheese and a glass of orange juice - $19 with tip
Very family friendly, meaning MANY kids. This could be a positive or a negative

Positives
It is very large and has beautiful grounds.
The beds are super comfy.
The spa is huge and run well. I had a wonderful massage with Holly and a super great facial with Kaitlin. I had a pedicure and blow dry at the salon that were just OK. Salon staff was indifferent.
There is a bit of a cattle call feeling at the top of each hour when the spa staff collects their clients for services.

Blue Fire Restaurant
We went as a group and had a set menu. All agreed the squash soup was one of the best soups they had. Skip the Cesar salad - very bad. Skip the desserts - equally bad. Service was very sketchy and slow though there were plenty of staff standing around in front of the kitchen.

Overall, it is a beautiful place that is hard to sleep in due to the noise - not the bed. We probably will not return or recommend it.

Dear Marco51,

Thanks for the kind comments about our resort, we're glad to hear you enjoyed the food at BlueFire and that you were comfortable in our beds. We appreciate your remarks and hope you'll consider staying here again in the future.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay there was during a 2-day work training event and the property was stunningly beautiful. However, I was in a conference room the whole time so I was paying for features and amenities that I could not use. The food was great and it looked like a great place to be while on vacation. This hotel appeared to cater to golfers... and I am not one.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!