“A Dream Vacation Spot!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Trumbull, Connecticut
“A Dream Vacation Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Would you prefer to go on a "trip" or have the "vacation" of a life time? I just returned from the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California and I have to say there is nowhere like it in the world! I've been to many resorts nationally and internationally, and this place beats them all.
What impressed me most was the versatility of experience. La Costa resort can be a romantic getaway for couples, a great family spot with kids' activities and pools as well as the perfect Deepak Chopra meditation and yoga facility. I did a little of everything... tennis clinics on beautifully cared for courts (clay or asphalt options), yoga and meditation at the Chopra center, and jacuzzi, massage and fine casual dining at the café by the pool inside the Omni Spa. I, also, enjoyed the variety of restaurants on-site from the Blue-Fire Grill (amazing steak!) to the 24 hour Market place where I enjoyed an egg-white Burrito with my faithful Starbucks every morning. With exquisitely manicured grounds and the staff's attention to detail and service, I strongly recommend this vacation destination to anyone who wants a magical getaway!

Room Tip: Rooms by the garden pool have large living space and lovely terraces for dining.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

For a resort charging the premiums they do, the staff service disappointed. For example, if you did not get the concierge, almost nobody on the resort knew the schedule of events taking place around the resort. If you wanted the housekeeping to do something, you had to speak with housekeeping. The problem became if you need something, everyone pushed the deal to someone else. Very frustrating when I got voice mails for concierge, room service, kids camp, etc. I feel like I should have been able to make a request at front desk and if they didn't know answer, they would get it back to me. Instead, on probably at least 10 occasions during our 6 day stay, we got routed and re-routed trying to get even simple answers.

Alhambra, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I am a black member of Omni and my stay was not satisfactory. I have submitted emails regarding my concerns. I will update to see how they address the issues I have raised. Issues: 1. cloth sent for pressing did not return timely. 2. room was not ready as promised. 3. black member was not treated like one. 4. lack of an immediate response to the complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I, along with 15 of our friends and family, stayed at La Costa for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago. We were there to get married and what a magical setting it was for our special day. From the moment we checked in to the resort the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. We used the concierge service to recommend a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner after a last minute change and the restaurant they recommended was fantastic - Pacific Coast Grill - a definite dinner spot for anyone looking for delicious food and ocean views. We all stayed in Plaza guest rooms which were decorated in beautiful hacienda style, were exceptionally clean, very spacious and had a super comfy King bed. The adult edge pool was superb. We loved the laid back atmosphere and the views of the golf course from the infinity pools were fantastic. We enjoyed a couple of delicious bites in the sports bar and yummy cocktails out beside the fire pits during our stay which was great fun. The day of our actual wedding went without a hitch. The resort wedding coordinator Jessica Bradford was excellent from beginning to end and worked really well with our superb wedding planner Megan Sholdar, who Jessica actually recommended to us. The food, drinks and staff working at our wedding were all amazing and helped make our day even more special. The town of Carlsbad is very close by with quaint shops and eateries and the nearby Broken Yolk cafe is a must for breakfast or lunch. The beach is also only 10 minutes away. My husband and I are looking forward to returning to La Costa in the very near future to experience the excellent resort all over again.

Room Tip: The plaza King guest room is beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Westlake Village, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Omni took over La Costa on July 1 2013. This was my was first stay following that transaction. Very disappointing .... level of service has certainly dipped. Not likely to return to this property. The famous La Costa service and amenities are gone .... replaced with sterile corporate deal. Not for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

TylerPringle, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Koorenny M: We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience while visiting us. Outstanding service is of paramount importance to our resort, and that has been further emphasized since becoming an Omni property. We pride ourselves on helping our guests connect with what matters most to them, and we hope you will re-consider Omni La Costa again in the future.
Pasadena CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful resort and very peaceful. The area is great. We will consider going back and hope they correct some of the maintenance issues we mentioned to them that is not the standard of Omni.

West Hills, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Amazing pools, lots of activities for families and adults. Lots of great amenities like fitness classes, movie nights, live music. Convenient location to San Diego. Gorgeous Spanish style resort. Comfortable rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!