“Delightful spa retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Costa Del Mar Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free! Book Now.
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Carlsbad
Redondo Beach, United States
“Delightful spa retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Spent two nights at this peaceful resort. Highly recommend for a spa getaway. Thoroughly enjoyed spa facial and massage and lounging at the spa pool. Lunch a the spa cafe was healthy, tasty, and served to us as we relaxed in our robes poolside. The waterfall massage in the spa pool area is excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear ColleenG: It's wonderful that you were able to take time for a peaceful spa getaway. We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reno, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wonderful spacious and clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Beautiful bathroom. Everything close. Tennis courts were very nice! Enjoyed our coffee every morning after our free Deepok Chopra meditation! Kids enjoyed pools and air hockey.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel/resort is great for families, with a kids camp and a great pool/slide experience for the kids. The only issue we were disappointed about was that we were not able to get our Select Guest requests at this resort, like our morning beverages, which we've come to expect and love at Omni. Other than that, we had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

LaCostaTeam, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear AKPtraveler: So glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and particularly the pools and slides! We do offer Omni Select Guest benefits here, including complimentary morning coffee that is redeemable at the Marketplace. On your next stay, please let us know if you need any guidance in redeeming your Select Guest benefits here and all of us are happy to assist.
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Omni La Costa is set in a heavenly place, surrounded by lush gardens and peppered with hundreds of birds of paradise. Neatly located within its compound is the Chopra Centre for wellbeing. The breakfast buffet was excellent (both quality and diversity). The service was excellent at Bistro 65. For golfers, this is a great place as well as the golf course is located directly on the hotel's grounds. We were disappointed by the room cleaning. It was not done on our first day and we had to report it. When the room was cleaned, it was done only partially. Also, we would have expected slippers for the price we pay for the room. But all in all, a positive experience. We are very likely to return and stay for a longer period.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Kailua, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have visited this salon twice and both experiences have been poor. I am going again next week to give it one more try in the hopes that it will be a pleasant and relaxing experience this time since I absolutely love the location and the gorgeous grounds. (and it has now been purchased by Omni Resorts.) I am hopeful!
I must say that its a little alarming though that when I called today to schedule my pedicure the gentleman told me that they only offer two types: "Express or Long." What exactly does that even mean?! I requested the long, but he couldn't even describe what service this included. I asked him the name of the technician that would be doing my "long pedicure" and he said they'll figure that out after I get there.
I will withhold any judgement until next week, but its already a shaky start.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Catherine4290: Thanks for sharing your feedback on our salon. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and to providing you with the quality experience our salon is known for. We appreciate you giving us another try.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here for business and got a very good group rate. I was also very fortunate in that the front desk clerk upgraded my room to one of their largest. The room itself had a large bathroom, a huge soaking tub, a fireplace, and an outdoor patio. However, the furniture and fixtures were a little dated, and there was no full-length mirror. I do not think I would have been pleased had I paid the regular rate of what this upgraded room would have cost. Here are some additional observations:

- There was a 1.5 hour wait for in-room dining in the morning, so I went to the "Marketplace" in the center of the resort and bought food there for breakfast instead.
- I spent a Saturday afternoon at the spa (not the Choprah Center, but the regular spa). It felt a like factory, with dozens of women in small groups being shuffled in and out. In the main lounge area, there weren't even any seats left, so some women had to stand while waiting to be called for their appointments. According to the staff, most of these spagoers are local women who use the facility as a day spa. My massage itself was average. I get massages regularly (every few weeks), and the massage here was really nothing special.
- On the positive side, the valet parking staff was unusually friendly and helpful.

Overall, I had a good experience. I will probably stay here again on business, but I do not think I would stay here if I was on a personal vacation. Next time I will also skip the spa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear sarah7038: Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit and on the friendliness of our bell staff. We hope that business travel brings you our way again so that we can provide you with a different impression.
York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The staff and accommodations are always great and the eagerness to make your stay better a welcome benefit. I have stayed here four times and look forward to the next visit more each time. The trips have been for business, but I look forward to taking my wife for a vacation / spa week to enjoy all the advantages and amenities offered by the resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

LOOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and hope you will return soon!

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!