“La Costa Resort & Spa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
PVE, United States
“La Costa Resort & Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Brady Tennis Campers - Love this resort. Beautiful golf courses, a ton of tennis courts and clay courts to practice on. Food & desserts are delicious, there is no need to go outside the resort. Near ocean so the weather is nice and very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Denise N: So glad you enjoyed the chance to relax without ever leaving the property. And terrific that you enjoyed our clay tennis courts as well. We hope to welcome you back soon!

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

La Costa is a great place for a quite retreat from a busy schedule. The only down point was the service in the Bistro for breakfast. It was very slow. Golf was good and the courses are in great shape for this time of the season.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear mrsmac: Thank you for your comments about the quiet retreat you enjoyed at Omni La Costa. We appreciate your comments about the great golf conditions as well as the critique of Bistro 65 service.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My second stay at La Costa & the first time after they renamed themselves to 'Omni La Costa', however, I love it nevertheless! The grounds are beautiful, the staff are friendly and the front desk staff remembered me from my last visit too - which was tremendously endearing!

The check-in was speedy and my room was ready.. but I was a bit disappointed with the choice of room this time. For such a lengthy stay, by myself, I had a tiny room, quite a walk away from the seminar venue that faced the rear parking lot. I was, also, disappointed in not having a bath tub in the room - when I was really looking forward to a good soak after a 16.5 hrs trip and add the transit times from LAX, it could be a good 24hrs since I left home. Some of the attendees at my seminar (also staying by themselves) had a good suite with a bath, etc, so it was a bit of a let-down on the criteria for random upgrades.. Maybe the staff should pay closer attention to where their guests are flying from & use that as a yardstick too.

There were a few things that I noticed though, that could be room for improvement - especially for guests staying longer (and I've shared it with them on their check-out survey). So, if you're a guest flying internationally, you may want to carry an international plug converter/adapter as they do not provide those for guests any more. And definitely, do not forget your charger .. at all. lol.. I forgot mine and had to go down to the AT&T next to Albertsons (just outside & to the left of the property) to buy a new set.

Also, for those who like to shop on property (and possibly in their cute boutiques & stores around Carlsbad), if you're concerned about baggage, make sure you have a way to weigh your bags, because the Resort do not have a luggage scale, but the awesome bellstand staff were happy to make me an physical estimate by heaving my bags.. lol..

However, their restaurants are always super! For my last night, I arrived back late and starving and ran into Bistro 65 at 9:30pm with them closing at 10pm. They allowed me in very graciously and offered their daily special as well. I must say, their pan-seared Mahi Mahi on polenta was so delicious!! It was a quiet solo celebration, so I was very touched at the gesture. Oh, and their clam chowder was super amazing too!

All things considered, this is a great place and fantastic for me as I attend seminars held at the resort, so it is obviously my first & best choice. I've seen there are lovely attractions for my kids too, so I'm planning on taking them along with me then.. (just will have to time it when I'm not on a seminar!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear LuvenaR: Thank you for posting and for your loyalty to Omni La Costa! I've already shared your luggage scale idea with our retail director-- what a terrific suggestion. Also appreciate your comment about your guestroom preference. Next time you stay with us, please let us know if you're without a charger, as we can generally assist you with that. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

wow, is the word!!! gorgeous landscaping, great food, something for everyone to do , the spa has 40 treatment rooms, and all the techs are A+ customer service is at its best, whether you are there for a meeting or just relaxing.........loved and I would go back.....if you leave the resort plan on spending big dollars for taxi.....
**** all kinds of exercise available,

Room Tip: get close to the spa, you will spend a lot of time there!!! we stayed on ground unit.....a plus wit...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denise C, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Pam M: Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. Our team really appreciates your comments and we hope you are able to visit us again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our 3rd time here. We were upgraded to a villa for our anniversary and loved it. Staff is wonderful here. Bluefire grill was wonderful.We will come over and over again because we love it here. The spa was great as always.We fell at home at La Costa and recommend it to our friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear TripAdvisor Member: Happy Anniversary! We are so pleased you chose to spend it with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Awesome ladies weekend! Adult pool, spa, room and views were all highlights. We participated in beach walks, yoga, meditation and spin classes. A great time was had by all. Only complaint was Sunday brunch - meh. But we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Trip Advisor Member: We can't wait to welcome your ladies' group back for another getaway!
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Have never been and now wondering what took us so long to treat ourselves to a wonderful getaway. Staff was helpful and friendly. Not cheap but you get what you pay for in this world and we got a lot for our money with the golf package. Decent size room with french doors and private patio. Bathroom nicely remodeled. Round of golf and credit towards food and beverage! Unlimited use of driving range and practice facility too! A golfer's dream! The grounds are lovely. Next time will stay longer and make sure to visit fitness center and enjoy the spa and tennis! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mrs. RAZRHWK: I am so pleased to hear that you treated yourself to an Omni La Costa golf vacation and that you felt the value was a good one. Our newly renovated Legends Course opens this month, so I hope this creates the perfect reason for another visit soon!

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!