“So So Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 34 hotels in Carlsbad
Los Angeles, California, United States
“So So Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent two nights at the resort during the San Diego Jazz Festival. Could not have had a better experience. The grounds, the rooms, the service all excellent! I'm into fitness and really enjoyed the gym and the different pools onsite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

1,146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The turn-off:

SPA front desk is HORRIBLE, she rejected me without ANY reason, just like "I dont feel like I want to let you enter to have half day pass in spa".

I think because of my accent, but after my husband call them they really changed their poor mind and they even give me refund! What a difference!!!!!!!!

The worst customer service experience ever, rude manager.

The staff seems completely unfamiliar with customer service in SPA.

No one ever said "I am very sorry"

I have never been made to feel like such inconvenience, what a shame

I will find another SPA, not a problem.

Good job rude girl !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We just spent 10 days at the La Costa Spa and Resort in early June. The service was excellent, the staff top notch. the restaurants serve delicious food, the Spa is awesome. The grounds are superb. And very professionally kept. Beautiful Fountains everyone and lots of chairs on which to park oneself! Lots of jacuzzis everywhere. You will enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Plaza complex and it was very close to shops etc.
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I asked the front desk to change my credit card on file. A trainee didn't know how to remove one credit card in the system & replace it with another one so my old card ended up being billed. After I left, I discovered this error. Now, 45 days after my departure, I am still working with the Finance office to get the correct credit card billed. Sloppiness has occured many times. Emails are not read correctly. It may seem like they are handling things while you are on-site, but this was just a mirage.

Room Tip: My room was far away from the facilities so it was a nice walk, if it had not been raining that week...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just spent two nights here at a meeting. The rooms were comfortable and nice. There is no turndown service and no newspaper delivery in the morning, two things that usually are offered at most high end hotels and resorts. They did a great job of getting me an early checkin on a Sunday (a super busy day for them). The only real negative was that we paid over $200 to play on the "championship" course and it was not in championship shape. In addition, there is no monitoring of play so we endured a 5 hour round behind a twosome of beginners.

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was the most challenging hotel reservation experience I have ever had. I spoke to a reservation agent regarding a potential reservation. She recommended that I "have her hold the room for 24 hours, that way Im guaranteed the room is available for me if I decide to move forward with the reservation". I called back 30 minutes later to finalize it and was told "Yes I see you have a hold on that room". I was on the phone for 20 minutes with them putting me on and off hold then was asked me if a manager could call me back. Rebecca the manager called me and said the room wasn't available and that "The 24 hold did not guarantee the room would be held for me". What?!
She did not apologize and and was not empathetic to the fact that I had already finalized the room with others. After 35 minutes on the phone with Rebecca I booked a different smaller suite. She then emailed me a confirmation which was incorrect and showed a different room AND location then I booked. I called her and she said the reservation was sent by mistake during the process of us looking at rooms. How does their reservation system even allow for a mistake like that to happen? She emailed me another confirmation with the correct room but it did not mention that she would guarantee 2 beds in the room. I sent her an email right away and 24 hours later have still not heard from her. The whole experience was disappointing, unprofessional, and exhausting. On top of that I was never apologized to. We have used La Costa Resort in the past for large Corporate functions as well as individual rooms, always with an outstanding experience. Unfortunately it looks like that service is a thing of the past.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LaCostaManagement, Manager at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Liza S: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's certainly not the kind of service we are known for and I really apologize that your reservation process didn't run more smoothly. Our reservation director would like to offer her personal assistance, so if you are open to that, please email us at community@lacosta.com with your contact information and she'll reach out to you. Again, we appreciate that you took the time to post a review so we can share it with the entire team.
Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

What started as a business trip and then turned into a girl's weekend ended up being an amazing trip to an awesome destination! The grounds are so beautiful. The food was fresh and the staff took the time to ensure my food allergies were respected.
The spa is a destination that every woman should put on her list of 'must experience'.
The conference facilities were great. Only issue is that the views of the grounds and all that sunshine was distracting!

Room Tip: If you are a family, ask for a room by the garden pools, which are family oriented.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Omni La Costa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!