“Perfection, Again.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Springs, California
“Perfection, Again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a room at this property several months ago. This time, we had a two bedroom villa suite. We arrived early and were allowed an early check-in, as the suite was ready. I really can't think of enough good things to say about the staff, the public rooms, the suite itself, the shuttle service, the pool areas. We were treated like royalty by everyone we encountered. The underground parking was convenient to elevators and luggage carts were always available. The suite kitchen had everything one might need. We really wanted to use the fireplace, but the weather was so perfect that we couldn't justify it. During both visits, we've missed the flower season, but next time we'll make a point of checking before we make a reservation. There are some terrific restaurants nearby. The Bistro West was particularly enjoyable. North San Diego County has a great deal to offer and this property is located close to most everything. There are antique stores in Solana Beach that are not common knowledge, but are great fun. We just need a longer visit next time.

Room Tip: The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, but having a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and dinin...
Green Features: Grand Pacific Palisades appears to be making every effort to be environmentally concerned and making efforts in that area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We rented a 3 bedroom timeshare at this resort and loved it. The timeshare was updated and clean. The resort was family oriented and we enjoyed using the grill outside. I was told the kids pool was heated but it was often cold, but the kids didn't mind of course. The kitchen had every amenity we needed to cook dinner. The beach was a 10 minute drive away. The only thing I did not like was the house keeping only coming two days. I think it should be more often when you are staying for 7 nights. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Overall this is a great resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 days with our three children in a 2-bedroom suite and loved the resort. My 4wd-Excursion with Yakima bars was simply too tall for the underground parking, so they just had me park in the valet spots outside - no xtra charge. The staff was very friendly, we always saw them smiling. My oldest daughter loved the game room with the air hockey table. My older son loved the video game room. We all enjoyed the family pool (I did laps mostly).
We walked to LegoLand for several days of our visit, went to San Diego to visit the USS Midway, etc, never a problem. The TVs were large, and for the kids novel since we don't do TV at home (tho everyone has their own laptop). What they soon learned is that TV is boring even with 100's of channels - which frankly is a great outcome from my perspective!
We enjoyed having a well-stocked kitchen for my personal dietary needs, and also tried the nice restaurant/brewery next door (a favorite of my wife). It is close to Costco and WholeFoods, our two favorite stores, so that made it feel a bit like home, too. We enjoyed the stay and definitely will be back

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suites are roomy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am part of a group of high school friends who gathered to celebrate our 66 birthdays together. This is the second year we have gone to this resort. It was wonderful to have the front desk staff reconginze us when we arrived. Other staff checked on us frequently to be sure we didn't need anything. The rooms are beautiful and so well equipped. Because we are a large group (16) we prefer to have our meals at the villa and the large villas are pefect for accomodating so many for dinner. We had a total of 3 units. We will be back.

Room Tip: Our room was an ocean view on the 3rd floor. We like the convenience of being near the elevator and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We used our timeshare to stay a week at this location. The first thing we said was "this is a great place to bring a family". It was well attended and they cater to the family as well as the older travelers without kids. The two areas were separate and apart from one another. There was a lot for the kids to do and the resort staff provided extra options. The BBQ areas were good and close except one set of Q's wouldn't light without matches or starters. The activities staff were a bit remiss in not explaining what they offered as a resort. Still, once you find out what they offer it is OK.

Green Features: good recycling options and they seem to engage the environment friendly practices eco friendly washers and driers
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from a week here, and we had a great time.

Check-In: Our flight arrived early but we thought we'd drop by the hotel to see if we could check in early. They didn't even question us, and got us into our room right away.

Room: The room was clean and we were offered a coastal view room because it was available. While the flower fields were not in bloom and there was a lot of "dirt" in our view, it was still nice. However, there was a lot of noise from the road nearby. I was surprised to see a Keurig coffee machine with complimentary coffee which was great in the mornings. We were offered a $5 credit for each day that we denied housekeeping, and we used that to pay for the resort fees which was nice.

Pool: The adult pool was beautiful - great views of the ocean and usually very warm. There were swim lanes for those who wanted to swim laps, and another portion for those of us just looking to relax. There was a pool bar but no one was ever there serving drinks. The hot tub was nice and there were also fire pits outside by the pool that were lit at night. Children are allowed Memorial Day - Labor Day only until 9pm, and even though it was after Labor Day, they weren't enforcing this because there were a few kids in the pool. But overall very relaxing area. I can't speak to the family pool because we had no reason to head over there.

Concierge: I didn't catch her name, but one of the concierges was outstandingly helpful in getting us setup with some ideas of things to visit and do. She told us so much about the area and great things to do. Thanks to her we went on a fantastic trolley tour of San Diego, outlet mall shopping, and got discounted tickets to the zoo. Really very helpful staff.

Food/Location: The hotel is attached to the Karl Strauss Brewery which has awesome food and beer, as well as a full breakfast buffet with an omelet bar. We had a few great meals here, but the breakfast is pricey. $12.95 for an adult breakfast. Other than that, the hotel is very close to lots of other restaurants and shopping and only a few minutes drive to the ocean. Carlsbad Village was my favorite - lots of shops and restaurants near the ocean to check out.

One thing to be aware of is that they are promoting a new hotel they're building nearby which appeared to be entirely for timeshares. This is also a timeshared resort, and most of the guests we spoke with were "owners" there. They did offer a presentation but were not pushy when we declined.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my family beginning of September. I have to admit that this is the best hotel I have every stayed at. It is simply amazing. The lady that was checking us in was not very accommodating. Our friends who were traveling with us came 15 minutes before us and were given a room with an amazing view, however, when we checked in we were given a room with a view of side of the building. I inquired about this with the front desk lady and she said that there were no rooms with a view like that available (which to me is not ok knowing that our friends and us paid the same amount for the same type of rooms), however, I do think that the lady at the front desk just did not want to accommodate us. I know that they had to have view rooms available because we checked in way early.
Anyways, aside from that, this hotel was amazing, and other staff I encountered were very helpful and very nice. Rooms were very clean and big, and the hotel had fun activities every day for adults and children. We used the family pool quite a few times and our 4 year old loved it. Within walking distance to Legoland, this hotel is a must when staying in Carlsbad.
I am hoping to come here again soon, and maybe this time I will be able to actually enjoy sitting on the room patio and look at something other than side of a tall building.

Room Tip: If you want a room that doesn't have a view of side of the building right by a side entrance, th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!